Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question Regarding Grand Californian

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question Regarding Grand Californian

    HI,

    Taking the plunge and actually getting to stay at the Grand Californian this coming week. Reservations are booked and prepaid, then one question came up.....

    Are the pools heated? Thought this would be an easy answer, but nooooooo!

    Everyplace I have found talks about how great the pools are, but nothing, absolutely nothing on if they are heated. After spending what seemed like forever in Voice Mail 'Ell :bang: I realized that I have the most awsome info site at my fingertips! You Guys!!!! :yea:

    So a couple of quick questions.

    (1) Are the pools heated?
    (2) Parking? How much...where located... how much for Valet? Etc.

    Then (3) Any thing special you can suggest? My Sis and I are coming down. We just lost our Mom after a lengthy illness. Immediately after our Dad's funeral three years ago, Mom took us to Disneyland (She and Dad are the reason we love it so much, was there all the time) in order to Celebrate his life. So, my sister and I are doing the same. Going to the park and she actually made it possible (had set aside funds so "whenever it happens
    and you better go") to go the the Grand Californian. So we are going to Celebrate her life and the fact that she and Dad are together again. We want to make this trip special as I know there will be a lot of tears and a lot of laughter at the rememberences. And I know that they will be with us there, somehow.

    We were their "excuse" to come down from Central CA several times a year (and I was their excuse to be at the Park the SECOND day it was opened - LOL ok ok 6 months old at the time..you guys do the math!)

    Thanks again. :love:

    Stitch/Kim
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!


    Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6


  • #2
    Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

    Both pools are heated.

    Self Parking is included in your Resort fee whether you have a car or not. It also includes Internet access from your room, Work Out room use etc.

    Valet Parking is about $16.00 a day, so best to self park and take the small walk from across the street.

    If you can afford it, don't miss the Napa Rose for dinner. Storybook Cafe is good also if your on more of a budget. For the real budget minded, White Water Snacks is great for a quick meal.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

      This is my favorite hotel...the one my dear hubby and I escape to. One word of advice though...don't touch anything in the mini bar..even to look. A friend took out a travel mug to show his wife, the sensor indicated it removed so he had to buy a travel mug...he loves it....just wasn't planning on the purchase...LOL. Our favorite thing to do..get a drink and sit in front of the fire.
      ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

      5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

        Originally posted by wolfy999
        Both pools are heated.

        Self Parking is included in your Resort fee whether you have a car or not. It also includes Internet access from your room, Work Out room use etc.

        Valet Parking is about $16.00 a day, so best to self park and take the small walk from across the street.

        If you can afford it, don't miss the Napa Rose for dinner. Storybook Cafe is good also if your on more of a budget. For the real budget minded, White Water Snacks is great for a quick meal.
        I stay oct, 2005 and the cost $12.00 per day each car. If you use valet parking and stay pass 12:00am or midnight you will get bill to the end of your stay.
        If you put your car in the Self parking after that midnight time and the GC hotel will still charge for valet parking in till you goto the hotel desks have take charge off.

        good place to eat is Hook point by disneyland hotel good sea food and one type steak good price.

        the spa is at five floor and a tent

        pool heat.
        AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
        Alan





        Toy Story Mania construction:
        Older photo
        New Photo

        Member of
        MiceChat WDW Trip
        Next trip
        2014 Dec, 31

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

          Thank you everyone! You guys are the greatest! :bow: My Sister also says to say Thanks! The tips on the parking really will help. And, now, we know that we can use the pools for sure. (plus the Spa, looking forward to that one also)

          I LOVE the story about the travel mug. :lol: Thanks especially for the heads up on the MiniBar. I have the curiosity of a cat, and would have not only done the same thing with the mug, but probably everything else in there as well. :blush:

          Thanks again! :csmile:
          Originally posted by migo
          I poop with joy!
          Best Quote...EVER!!!


          Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

            Originally posted by wolfy999
            Both pools are heated.

            Self Parking is included in your Resort fee whether you have a car or not. It also includes Internet access from your room, Work Out room use etc.

            Valet Parking is about $16.00 a day, so best to self park and take the small walk from across the street.

            If you can afford it, don't miss the Napa Rose for dinner. Storybook Cafe is good also if your on more of a budget. For the real budget minded, White Water Snacks is great for a quick meal.
            Was going to say basically the exact same thing. Looks like you got your answer alot easier here than by trying to call the hotel itself.
            Power to the People (hahaha)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

              Originally posted by AlohaStitch
              HI,


              Then (3) Any thing special you can suggest? My Sis and I are coming down. We just lost our Mom after a lengthy illness. Immediately after our Dad's funeral three years ago, Mom took us to Disneyland (She and Dad are the reason we love it so much, was there all the time) in order to Celebrate his life. So, my sister and I are doing the same. Going to the park and she actually made it possible (had set aside funds so "whenever it happens
              and you better go") to go the the Grand Californian. So we are going to Celebrate her life and the fact that she and Dad are together again. We want to make this trip special as I know there will be a lot of tears and a lot of laughter at the rememberences. And I know that they will be with us there, somehow.



              Stitch/Kim
              First of all, sorry to hear about your mom. It must have been hard to say goodbye , but it sounds like you have a great attitude about her being with your dad now.

              She would be happy to know you're fulfilling her wish of going to the GCH. I think you should take a bottle of really good champagne with you then have a tray of the chocolate covered strawberries sent to your room so you can toast then drink and eat to your parents' memory.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

                Originally posted by Princess Buttercup
                First of all, sorry to hear about your mom. It must have been hard to say goodbye , but it sounds like you have a great attitude about her being with your dad now.

                She would be happy to know you're fulfilling her wish of going to the GCH. I think you should take a bottle of really good champagne with you then have a tray of the chocolate covered strawberries sent to your room so you can toast then drink and eat to your parents' memory.
                Buttercup, You get the biggest hugest hug ever! :ghug:

                Mom absolutely LOVED Strawberries and Dad was just as fanatical about chocolate! That is absolutely PERFECT! Add the champaign and you just gave us the most wonderful way to say...not goodbye, but that we love the two of them. :love:

                Thanks again!

                Stitch
                Originally posted by migo
                I poop with joy!
                Best Quote...EVER!!!


                Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

                  Make sure you call front desk or ask the operator for room service/amenities before you arrive, and they will have the strawberries waiting for you in the room when you check in. It'd be a nice welcome touch for your room when you arrive.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

                    What a wonderful way to celebrate your parent's lives. I know it will be tough at times, but around every corner you will be reminded of a lifetime of happy memories. Thank you for sharing this lovely story with all of us! Hugs and best wishes. We will all be thinking of you two.
                    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

                    � Ernest Thompson Seton

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

                      Originally posted by AlohaStitch

                      Then (3) Any thing special you can suggest? My Sis and I are coming down. We just lost our Mom after a lengthy illness. Immediately after our Dad's funeral three years ago, Mom took us to Disneyland (She and Dad are the reason we love it so much, was there all the time) in order to Celebrate his life. So, my sister and I are doing the same. Going to the park and she actually made it possible (had set aside funds so "whenever it happens
                      and you better go") to go the the Grand Californian. So we are going to Celebrate her life and the fact that she and Dad are together again. We want to make this trip special as I know there will be a lot of tears and a lot of laughter at the rememberences. And I know that they will be with us there, somehow.

                      We were their "excuse" to come down from Central CA several times a year (and I was their excuse to be at the Park the SECOND day it was opened - LOL ok ok 6 months old at the time..you guys do the math!)

                      Thanks again. :love:

                      Stitch/Kim
                      I am so very sorry for your loss, truly.

                      Please don't take this wrongly, but how wonderful you and your sister are not only celebrating your Mother's life, but also your Father's and fulfilling their wishes for you both.

                      The GCH is a 4-Star Hotel, you should absolutely let the concierge know about your situation AND your requests. It is not the same as being on the concierge level of a hotel, but it is a guest service superior hotels offer for free. They will expidite ANY request you have and will help with your stay. PLEASE use them.

                      Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

                      Both your parents will be in my prayers tonight.

                      ~K
                      "AND CONGRATULATIONS MICECHAT! WE HAVE NOW GONE INTO RELIGION, POLITICS, AND RACISM ON ONE THREAD! HELLS HAT-TRICK!"
                      - PanTheMan


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question Regarding Grand Californian

                        I don't have any tips, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss, and how wonderful I think your way of celebrating your parents is. They definitely will be there with you in spirit. I'll be thinking of you.

                        Edit: Never mind, I do have a tip. I have heard that if something in your minibar does get accidentally moved (but not taken), you can talk to them about it and they may remove the charge.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X