Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA



    another jamboree..hope its not bad
    My Art site
    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

  • #2
    Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

    Can't wait!
    Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

      Will the Billies still play in the Jamboree, or will they return to the GH?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

        Don't know if anybody has seen this, but here's a little more insight, from a trusted source, into the upcoming Christmas season at DCA. It also talks a bit on why there was no Halloween treatment.

        Blue Sky Disney: Know Flakes...

        Am I the only one who is ECSTATIC to walk through BVS during Christmas!? An opulent jazz aged Christmas complete with a Department store Santa...just PERFECT! One thing that has me "huh-ing" is the mention of color theming on the Cadillac Range...uh hopefully that means making them look snow capped, not decking them in vibrant shades of green and red.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

          Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
          Am I the only one who is ECSTATIC to walk through BVS during Christmas!? An opulent jazz aged Christmas complete with a Department store Santa...just PERFECT! One thing that has me "huh-ing" is the mention of color theming on the Cadillac Range...uh hopefully that means making them look snow capped, not decking them in vibrant shades of green and red.
          I hope they don't make Cadillac Range snow-capped, I'll be heading there during the Christmas dates, and I'd like to see how it's supposed to look, seeing how it'll be my first trip to Cars Land.
          Fear of the unknown.

          They are afraid of new ideas.

          They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
          You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.










          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

            I didn't see any mention of all the elaborate Toontown Christmas Decorations. Hopefully the toons will be decorating and showing their Christmas Spirit, too! Toontown is really a treat with each building, store, and house's own unique decorations (minus, of course the crappy WDW hand me down decorations that made their ugly West Coast debut, last year)

            And what about New Orleans Square, will this land be decorated, too? Or will the Haunted Mansion be the only festive place in New Orleans Square this year? Sadly, the elaborate overhead lighting across the streets of New Orleans Square, were relegated to some rather plain lighting the last year or two. Will more of the merry disappear here?
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

              Originally posted by Chesire View Post
              I hope they don't make Cadillac Range snow-capped, I'll be heading there during the Christmas dates, and I'd like to see how it's supposed to look, seeing how it'll be my first trip to Cars Land.
              Oh, I hope they don't either haha. I just suggested that since article mentioned nighttime color theming on Cadillac Range. If they are going to do that, I hope it's something like making them looked snowcapped (snowcapped red rocks are stunning in person btw) or something and not just have it in vibrant Christmas hues. And I think it's too late to hope to see Cars Land as is while visiting during the Holiday seeing as the whole land will be decked out in Christmas fun and playing mid century Christmas music classics in the background

              ---------- Post added 10-02-2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

              Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              I didn't see any mention of all the elaborate Toontown Christmas Decorations. Hopefully the toons will be decorating and showing their Christmas Spirit, too! Toontown is really a treat with each building, store, and house's own unique decorations (minus, of course the crappy WDW hand me down decorations that made their ugly West Coast debut, last year)

              And what about New Orleans Square, will this land be decorated, too? Or will the Haunted Mansion be the only festive place in New Orleans Square this year? Sadly, the elaborate overhead lighting across the streets of New Orleans Square, were relegated to some rather plain lighting the last year or two. Will more of the merry disappear here?
              I think we can all assume ToonTown and NoS will have their usual Christmas flair. The article also doesn't mention Critter Country, Frontierland, or Main Street and I think it's safe to say they'll all get their decorations for the season

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

                I was OK w/ DCA not being done up for H'ween. I kinda want it to be plain for Xmas too... just for the first year so that all can see its' original beauty.

                Colored spot lights on the range? Ugh. Next thing you know is that they will place projections on them. Either way, when Xmas comes to CL, I hope it is over-the-top, but tasteful.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

                  I wonder if Nov. 12 was the target date all along and they expect big crowds for the first day. Otherwise, I don't understand why SoCal and SoCal Select APs are blocked out that day. I know it's Veteran's Day, but on other Monday holidays (Memorial Day or Labor Day, for instance), they blocked out the Sunday prior and treat the Monday like a typical Sunday for SoCal APs.

                  Anyway, I can't wait for my four-year-old to see Believe in Holiday Magic for the first time. Nov. 13 can't get here fast enough!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

                    Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                    Will the Billies still play in the Jamboree, or will they return to the GH?
                    hopefully its back at the GH. seems the area at BTR fits more people but lately due to the offseason..its been very quiet and small crowds back there
                    My Art site
                    http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

                      Despite Nov. 12 being announced as the official start of the Holidays, the schedule says Believe In Holiday Magic will be the fireworks show starting Friday, Nov. 9. Does anyone know if this is accurate and if that means it will snow on Main Street that night, too?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Holiday info for Disneyland and DCA

                        Originally posted by MarkILIS View Post
                        Despite Nov. 12 being announced as the official start of the Holidays, the schedule says Believe In Holiday Magic will be the fireworks show starting Friday, Nov. 9. Does anyone know if this is accurate and if that means it will snow on Main Street that night, too?
                        That's correct, fireworks for the whole weekend while other things such as the snow will wait until the official Monday start.
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X