This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this True!!!???

I was flipping thru some books the other day at Barns and Noble when I found a book about Disneyland. I was reading the section about Toontown, and it said that originally Toontown was supposed to be a temporary attraction, but because of the popularity they kept it.
    When I read that I just kind of was in disbelief! Why would disney put soo much money and promotion and add onto the park for a temporary attraction? Is this true, and if so has Disney ever done anything like this before or sence then?
    Beautify Yourself

Re: Is this True!!!???

I think the book was probably referring to Mickey's Birthdayland at The Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World.

Comment

This was definately referring to Mickey's Birthdayland. Made for Mickey's 60th, renamed Mickey's Starland after the popularity, now Mickey's Toontown fair. It still has a bit of a temporary feel to it... but the popularity of that inspired them to do it as a permanent land at DL, so they did it right from the start instead of a big permanent temporary feel to it.
      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Derekuda
        I was flipping thru some books the other day at Barns and Noble when I found a book about Disneyland. I was reading the section about Toontown, and it said that originally Toontown was supposed to be a temporary attraction, but because of the popularity they kept it.
        Not true. As everyone else has said, the book should have said WDW, not Disneyland.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Just because it's in print doesn't make it true.
          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
            This was definately referring to Mickey's Birthdayland. Made for Mickey's 60th, renamed Mickey's Starland after the popularity, now Mickey's Toontown fair. It still has a bit of a temporary feel to it... but the popularity of that inspired them to do it as a permanent land at DL, so they did it right from the start instead of a big permanent temporary feel to it.
            That makes alot more sence. Thanks. Ya, cause I was reading the book and when I came across that I thought tomyself, that doesen't sound right at all.
            Beautify Yourself

Comment

I remember we missed the grand opening for ToonTown by one week. We watched the special on TV with all of the movie and TV stars. We did get a commemoritive map of ToonTown though. They were on sale before it opened...

Never heard of it being temporary. It must be a WDW kind of thing.

Comment

With the lack of rides there, it looks temporary.
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Wish it was temporary.......but alas, not so!
                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999
                    Wish it was temporary.......but alas, not so!
                    You don't like Toontown? Why would you wish that it was temporary?
                    Beautify Yourself

Comment

Perhaps the book was talking about Disney Afternoon Avenue!

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79
                        Perhaps the book was talking about Disney Afternoon Avenue!
                        Im sorry, I don't remember. I think the title had somthing to do with secrets of disneyland...to be honest, there wasent much secrets in it. Just a few hidden mickeys here and there.
                        Beautify Yourself

Comment

I wish there was always a clear definition when talking about DL & WDW. I hate when it isn't right.
                          aka Sara

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

One of my children
                          isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X