This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Rain Effecting RSR?

So its raining at Disneyland today. This is the first rain since the opening of RSR and Cars Land. The effect of rain on RSR has been casually discussed and hypothesized about on these boards before, but now is our chance to find out the truth! Is is really the same situation as Test Track?

So... Does anyone at the park today have any concrete information about how rain is effecting this attraction?
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Re: Rain Effecting RSR?

Originally posted by cruise View Post
    This is the first rain since the opening of RSR and Cars Land.
    It is? I thought there was a summer rain/thunderstorm in July or August, was it?

Anyway, I'm curious about this to as we start the stretch into the winter months.

Comment

Yes, it has rained before on RSR and I believe it did cause problems with the ride.
      I think that's why the water mist you go thru at the finnish line has been turned off.

Comment

I'm hearing reports on Twitter that RSR is closed. CMs are telling people 2-3 hours depending on the weather.

Comment

This winter s supposed to be or of the wettest winters on record. If rain affects RSR well it will be closed more than is opened. Leave it to Disney to put in a new attraction that relies on no rainy weather.

Comment

Time to put on their rain tires.

Comment

RSR closed July 12 due to rain. I happened to be on it when it broke down around 5 pm, and it was a Thursday. The ride didn't open again til Saturday, and I was there when it opened mid-day. I recall it was partly due to the rain, but I remember hearing something about power outages as well? Someone else might remember more than me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by madmonkeygirl View Post
                This winter s supposed to be or of the wettest winters on record. If rain affects RSR well it will be closed more than is opened. Leave it to Disney to put in a new attraction that relies on no rainy weather.
                If this is the case Guest Services has an interesting Winter ahead of them...ick.

Comment

Like every convertible owner Disney can't figure out how to put the soft top on. Its that simple. Once they get he hang of the cloth roof it will open again.

Comment

I checked my mousewait app yesterday and it was closed. Was it raining yesterday? Maybe that's why it was down.

Comment

sad for all the guests not able to ride RSR.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by M_McFly View Post
                        Like every convertible owner Disney can't figure out how to put the soft top on. Its that simple. Once they get he hang of the cloth roof it will open again.
                        Cloth roof? That really would take the fun out of the ride, imo.
                        Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
                        You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Rain crossed my mind when I rode it last week. I realized it would be difficult, or impossible, to run during a rainy day.
                          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

The only reason the rain affects RSR is because of the eye decals, and the sting the rain drops cause as they're hitting your face on the outside portion.
                            Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
                            You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Does BTMRR operate while it's raining?
                              DisneyTwins
                              Since May 2003

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X