• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Baseball in BVS

Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Re: Baseball in BVS

I don't see Disney adding something like this in the future; but I do think a baseball musical could be added into the Hyperion Theatre with the right design. A (less raunchy) song like this would be awesome.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

Baseball is represented in a shop window (cant recall the shop name, on the left headed into park) Little fact, the baseball cards, featured players are actually PIXAR artists.

Comment

I think it's in the Five&Dime display
        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Baseball and California actually go very well together.

Unfortunately to this day there still exists an "east coast bias" in the media, where it seems that the only thing in baseball worth mentioning is if it involves the Yankees or the Red Sox. But if you look closer, California actually has had a significant contribution to baseball: Jackie Robinson grew up in Pasadena. The guy who wrote "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" lived in Orange County and is buried in Anaheim. Professional baseball in southern California goes back over a century -- the Los Angeles Angels began as a Pacific Coast League team in 1901. Even today, there is a California team in the playoffs, comparisons to Mickey Mantle has been made with players like Mike Trout.

So this is why I cringe during the Newsboys show where he screams, "I wish California had a team of their own!" Baseball was a huge deal back in those days. Only it wasn't between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. It was more between the Los Angeles Angels and the Hollywood Stars or San Francisco Seals.

Comment

That would be cool, maybe have a sax quintet dressed in Buena Vista Stars uniforms. I love those uniforms on display for some reason I want to buy the display props more than the real merchandise. Maybe have a streetmosphere baseball player who acts like Casey from "Casey at the Bat". Though he could also work on Main Street who I think in the light of BVS needs streetmosphere characters.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
            IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Baseball and California actually go very well together.

Unfortunately to this day there still exists an "east coast bias" in the media, where it seems that the only thing in baseball worth mentioning is if it involves the Yankees or the Red Sox. But if you look closer, California actually has had a significant contribution to baseball: Jackie Robinson grew up in Pasadena. The guy who wrote "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" lived in Orange County and is buried in Anaheim. Professional baseball in southern California goes back over a century -- the Los Angeles Angels began as a Pacific Coast League team in 1901. Even today, there is a California team in the playoffs, comparisons to Mickey Mantle has been made with players like Mike Trout.

So this is why I cringe during the Newsboys show where he screams, "I wish California had a team of their own!" Baseball was a huge deal back in those days. Only it wasn't between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. It was more between the Los Angeles Angels and the Hollywood Stars or San Francisco Seals.
              Add to that the fact that the Cubs used to do spring training in Avalon. I believe their field is the current site of the golf course(I may be wrong).

The point is an exhibit on the history of CA baseball would be a great addition to a park based on CA.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X