X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing Jan 7 for 10 month refurbishment

Found on Disney's refurbishment portal.

Jan. 7 – Oct. 30, 2012: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment.
    (I assume it means 2013 not 2012 by the way!)

Just wanted to get the official dates out there. Hope everybody gets their last rides in before it closes!
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Re: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing Jan 7 for 10 month refurbishment

Well I'm glad I rode it 4 times this year. Who knows what they will be doing to it.
    Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

'Bout time they added the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by bee1000 View Post
        'Bout time they added the loop.
        I wish.

I'm really excited to see what they're going to do with Thunder. I'm going to try and ride it as many times as possible before it goes down.
        Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

I think they're adding Toy Story characters.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

They are adding Johnny Depp

Comment

They are adding every Pixar character.
              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

They're adding Don Knotts and Tim Conway.
                "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJS View Post
                  They are adding Johnny Depp
                  Actually, several Johnny Depps, along with the rest of the cast from the upcoming version of The Lone Ranger, complete with new dialogue from the characters! And don't forget the interactive queue featuring Toy Story characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
                    They're adding Don Knotts and Tim Conway.
                    That would actually be something to see. I hate the requirement that every new addition has to cross market to a movie, but at least the Apple Dumpling Gang fits into the overall theme of the land (unlike a certain toy sheriff who has been known to frequent Frontierland).
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Don't give them ideas!!!!!!

Comment

They added Lone Ranger and Tonto
                        Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep
                        moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and
                        curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

Comment

NNOOOOOO!!!!!! My favorite ride in the whole park! Gone! Sad to see it'll be closed while I'm there but at least the refurb is for the better right? Honestly, I see NOTHING wrong with the attraction as it stands and I have a sneaking suspicion that any additions will sadly be Movie-related ones.

Actually, so long as they only ADD things yet don't change the way the ride is now (save for enhancing a few effects) I'll be content to know my favorite ride is in relatively good hands.
                          Last edited by Spence; 10-15-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

On my first trip of the winter Indy will be closed. On my second trip BTMRR is switching out for it.

Comment

Mermaids?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X