X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

From Al's article today:

Disneyland Christmas may be extra - Al Lutz

It appears Innoventions has till February until construction begins on this ride. And with the success of Carsland, there is a push for a big budget high-quality attraction.
    Last edited by Right Ear; 10-16-2012, 06:28 AM.
    Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Re: Al Report: Iron Man E-Ticket Thril Ride to Replace Innoventions

Wow, I'm really excited for this, but I didn't expect marvel to come so soon.seems like its going to be a good attraction. Wonder if the queue will be Stark expo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

Awe. I was hopping for an Oz ride or a Lone Ranger Ride. Or even an Up ride. But this sounds good.

Thank heavens it's based on a property I'm already familiar with so it won't really be like experiencing something new.

Comment

Btw, your should probably change the title. Calling it a "thrill ride" may encourage some users to say it's going to be a six flags-esque attraction.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
          Btw, your should probably change the title. Calling it a "thrill ride" may encourage some users to say it's going to be a six flags-esque attraction.
          Considering the direction Disneyland appears to be headed, "thrill ride" is entirely appropriate.

Comment

Sigh, another movie attraction addition to Disneyland. The fact that it's Marvel makes it worse?

Am I the only one here who is against this?

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
              Sigh, another movie attraction addition to Disneyland. The fact that it's Marvel makes it worse?

Well . . . irregardless of what ride is put in there, it will be better than the current state of Innoventions. If well done, this attraction could rival Transformers, and pull in a lot of guests. That's a good thing as they might then look for ways to expand, i.e. Frontierland expansion project.

I think that if the "track" for the ride utilizes the old People Mover footprints, and the old People Mover/Astro Jets area, then it will be worth it. Hard to say if it just uses Innoventions space.

Maybe they could go two rides in one and put in a Stark Expo People Mover.

I think that the Tomorrowland survey, (being done while Imagineering is already doing some pre-construction inspections/work at Innoventions), is to either gauge what version of the ride will be done, or else to make guests feel their opinions count when this attraction has already been given the green light.

I don't think there are alot, or even any, Innoventions fans who will cry to see this go.
              Last edited by chesirecat; 10-16-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

No
                  Mike

Comment

No. Count me in on counting me out! Marvel doesn't belong at DL.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                      No. Count me in on counting me out! Marvel doesn't belong at DL.
                      I actually really like a lot of Marvel stuff, but Spiderman and The Hulk next to Mickey, Goofy, and other classic Disney characters? Not so much.

Comment

Iron man is going to be the most futuristic thing in tomorrowland. I'll take it.
                        In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Huge Avengers nerd here. I could not be more excited to hear this is sounding like a sure thing. Also, with the plans to create a new Oz land behind Frontierland gaining momentum, depending on how well the movie performs, the next 4-5 years should be really exciting.
                          Twitter: infamoustmk

IG: tcadillac17

Comment

This is great news. If they are going to put Marvel in Tomorrowland, at least they are putting something in that showcases futuristic technology, and something that actually fits the theme of the land, unlike the video game meet and greet they are putting into the Starcade or the medeival village on Main Street. I can't wait for this to open, especially since it sounds like the imagineers are being given free rein to create something amazing.
                            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by bummerkit View Post
                              I actually really like a lot of Marvel stuff, but Spiderman and The Hulk next to Mickey, Goofy, and other classic Disney characters? Not so much.

How is that different than the Pixar stuff being crammed into the parks? (like Monsters Inc. in Hollywood) Or any other movies? Pirates? Mission to Mars? Avatar? Tron?
                              I'm not saying marvel is a perfect fit, but at this point, why not?
                              "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X