This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Disneyland's Main Entrance

I was planning on starting a different thread but I have to ask, why is Disneyland's main entrance so effective? Other theme parks, even other Disney parks such as DCA, don't feel as welcoming when I enter. Is it just me or do other people think so too? And if you agree, then what makes it better than other parks' entrances?

I think it's because you pass through one of the tunnels to the left or right of the floral mickey, then main street is centered with Mickey's head, the end result being that you can't see outside the park once you've passed Main St. station. Does anyone think there could be a better entrance?
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

Re: Disneyland's Main Entrance

The nice welcoming cast members to welcome you to DL better then a stupid scan ur own ticket like wdw

:whistling
    It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

:whistling
    Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!
    :ap:
    -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

There may be a better entrance, but I doubt it. The effectiveness of the entrance must withstand the test of time. This one has for well over 55 years, and people still have similar positive emotional responses.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I can't even imagine a better entrance. There are the colorful flowers and the sight and sounds of the train pulling into the station. I really love it when the Disneyland Band is serenading all visitors. Speaking of the Disneyland Band, does anyone know if they've ever recorded a CD? I see one for the Disney World Band, but not Disneyland. And I only see one for the Disney World Band. There must be some reason for this.

Comment

Yeah there's just something about that entrance, maybe because it's the oldest park entrance of any Disney park, that makes it particularily magical.

Comment

I think it's the fact that it's all hidden until you pass the tunnel so there's suspense between the entrance and the end of the tunnel. Once you get to the end of the tunnel, you witness the terrific reveal.
            DisneyTwins
            Since May 2003

Comment

It's the feeling of I'm at Disneyland!!!
              Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                I think it's the fact that it's all hidden until you pass the tunnel so there's suspense between the entrance and the end of the tunnel. Once you get to the end of the tunnel, you witness the terrific reveal.
                Exactly THIS!

Because Walt's World is hidden behind a berm, you don't know exactly what you're going to experience (well.... maybe some of us do......) until you enter Main Street from the tunnel on either side of Main Street Station.......

It's like the opening curtain of a show on stage, on one side of the tunnel you are in the present, when the curtain opens, you are transported to another world (the suspension of disbelief)..... it's incredibly effective the way its done at Disneyland, and there's not another park that does it so well..... it's a tribute to the original Imagineers and Walt himself, who wanted to keep the outside world "outside".........

Comment

I love the Disneyland entrance. I never get tired of looking at it, and also taking photographs of it. The sign above the tunnels is also very special, and it says it all in my opinion. Once I walk through the tunnel, and I enter Town Square I just get this warm and wonderful feeling of being "home".

Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-19-2012, 06:47 PM.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

Just wondering, is that the actual elevation of Disneyland?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                      I love the Disneyland entrance. I never get tired of looking at it, and also taking photographs of it. The sign above the tunnels is also very special, and it says it all in my opinion. Once I walk through the tunnel, and I enter Town Square I just get this warm and wonderful feeling of being "home".

thank you for the visual! I feel the same way!
                      Glitz, Glamour, Gaiety!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                        Look no Further.....
                        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kat95242 View Post
                          I can't even imagine a better entrance. There are the colorful flowers and the sight and sounds of the train pulling into the station. I really love it when the Disneyland Band is serenading all visitors. Speaking of the Disneyland Band, does anyone know if they've ever recorded a CD? I see one for the Disney World Band, but not Disneyland. And I only see one for the Disney World Band. There must be some reason for this.
                          The Disneyland Band recorded two albums - The first in 1956 with the original leader Tommy Walker - and another in 1968. Both versions are out of print, but much of it can be found for download at various places on the web.

I have my own website called DisneyChris.com - And you can hear a lot of Disneyland Band music on my site as well. It is in my "A Day at Disneyland" feature.

---------- Post added 10-19-2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

I asked this question on another site (Mousebits) just a few days ago... Do you prefer the original Disney floral from 55 until the 90's - or the modern one. I liked the original better... Thoughts?

---------- Post added 10-19-2012 at 11:42 PM ----------

Click image for larger version

Name:	dinseyland-entrance.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	7345095

Here is the old one, in case you do not remember it...
                          Last edited by DisneyChrisDotCom; 10-19-2012, 08:44 PM.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                          An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Emelius View Post

I asked this question on another site (Mousebits) just a few days ago... Do you prefer the original Disney floral from 55 until the 90's - or the modern one. I liked the original better... Thoughts?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24423[/ATTACH]

Here is the old one, in case you do not remember it...
                            Well, I'm impartial to the modern one since I was born in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Syndrome View Post
                              Well, I'm impartial to the modern one since I was born in the 90's.
                              I hate to sound like your high school grammar teacher, and I am not saying this to sound like a wiseguy, I am just trying to be helpful - but you meant to say "partial." Impartial would mean that you dont care either way. Partial means you have an opinion on one or the other.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                              An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X