This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Skyway Music

Listening to some background music from the Village Haus restaurant made me wonder if the old Fantasyland Skyway terminal ever had similar "oom-pah"/"Tyrolean" music playing up there?

Re: Skyway Music

I used to work on the Skyway, and I believe they did have similar music. What I remember more clearly is a live Oom-Pah band that played in front of the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
      I used to work on the Skyway, and I believe they did have similar music. What I remember more clearly is a live Oom-Pah band that played in front of the attraction.
      Wow! I don't remember that at all but what a cool touch! Would love to hear more recollections of yours as a former Skyway CM! What year(s) were you there?

Comment

I was there in '66-'68. I worked on just about every attraction in Fantasyland and Frontierland/Adventureland. My best recollection of the Skyway was working one evening during a private party when my brother, who was working that same evening on the Monorail, called me on the inter-park phone system to inform me that I had just become an uncle.

Comment

Just for fun:

Abandoned Skyway Station of Disneyland - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
            I was there in '66-'68. I worked on just about every attraction in Fantasyland and Frontierland/Adventureland. My best recollection of the Skyway was working one evening during a private party when my brother, who was working that same evening on the Monorail, called me on the inter-park phone system to inform me that I had just become an uncle.
            What a great memory! Did you ever see Walt?

---------- Post added 10-25-2012 at 09:38 AM ----------

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
            Really cool video! Fascinating view of the "ruins". Makes me sad! Wish they'd fix it up. It would make a nice little place to just sit -- kind of like the old Motor Boat Cruise area.
            Last edited by Werner; 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Did somebody say Tyrolean music?

Comment

^^^Wunderbar!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X