Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is an Apple Store coming to the Disneyland resort ? Preferred DTD!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When is an Apple Store coming to the Disneyland resort ? Preferred DTD!

What do you think? I think its a win win for Disney and apple !

Re: When is an Apple Store coming to the Disneyland resort ? Preferred DTD!

Seeing as Disney and Apple are good buddies (Steve Jobs bought PIXAR originally) I could definitely see that happening.

Comment

We already have something similar called Innoventions.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarar44 View Post
        We already have something similar called Innoventions.
        But I had heard it was being sold to STARK INDUSTRIES . :whistling

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
        IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

I'm honestly surprised there isn't an Apple Store in Downtown Disney.
          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

No Apple store but you can buy Apple products from the Best buy kiosk right next to the World of Disney store.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
              Seeing as Disney and Apple are good buddies (Steve Jobs bought PIXAR originally) I could definitely see that happening.
              And Bob Iger is on the apple board
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

It should be a one of a kind Apple store featuring exclusive Disney themed items you wouldn't find in your normal Apple store featuring interactive Disney experiences and whatnot. That's the only way I can see Apple in DTD actually being worth it.

Comment

hopefully never
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

It would be cool but i just don't see apple doing well in dtd to be honest, first they would have to add a few more restaurants and trendy clothing stores. IMHO

:whistling
                    It's a music Celebration
                    Come on, come on, come on
                    Strike up the band,
                    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
                    Come on, come on, come on
                    Move and clap your hands,
                    Get into the Spirit
                    Let everyone hear it,
                    So come on, come on

:whistling
                    Step into the Magic
                    Watch the stories come alive
                    Step into the Magic
                    Every color shines so bright
                    Step into the Magic!!!!
                    :ap:
                    -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

Disclaimer: In My Opinion....

The resort is a TERRIBLE place to put an Apple store because:

- You've got lots and lots of tourists that will have the convenience of replacing any broken Apple-phanelia but that alone is a big cost to the company. The store needs to profit.

- Apple merchandise is expensive! $400 bucks spent buying an ipad mini is money less spent on Disney merch and services. One could argue that the locals will keep the cash flowing there but ask most OC people where their favorite Apple store is and they'll usually mention Mission V.

- Even if Iger is on the board that's not to say that the lawyers aren't going to have their political fights over everything from waiving rent fees to putting a commission percentage on a per unit basis. In fact I bet that behind closed doors this has already happened in the past.

- DTD has been a black hole for quite a few 3rd party merchants in the past. Disney owned stores have also had their turnover woes too. It's easy to imagine that DTD is an easy money grab for these businesses but in reality if you don't keep up with the fast pace of Disney's trends (Ridemakers & Build-a-Bear do this like pros) you'll be out of business in no time. What could Apple really do to keep itself fresh year in and year out beside change their window displays? You gotta make limited edition Wreck It Ralph ipad covers is what you need to do man!
                      Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

DLR is already expensive, why bring in more overpriced products?
                        Last edited by Mojave; 10-23-2012, 11:30 PM.

Comment

As much as I like Apple, I don't want to see Downtown Disney become the mall I can go to anywhere else in SoCal. I'd like it to stay true to its original goal of serving as a venue for unique and sometimes premium shops and restaurants. But that's sort of where it's headed with the closing of several businesses. As it is, they already have Sephora, LEGO Store, and the incoming Earl of Sandwich (the latter is not common in the area, but when I lived in Texas, we had them there). And of course, there's the movie theater. Why would I want to go to Disney to watch a movie or buy makeup? It's true that people like what they're familiar with, but if Downtown Disney can strive to continue providing unique offerings that have good value, even if they're a bit more expensive, then I don't think they can really lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                            DLR is already expensive, why bring in more overpriced products?
                            )

Comment

I don't think apple would want to pay the rent. Especially when they can put a store elsewhere and keep more of their profit.
                              "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X