This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Star Wars Weekends?

Now that Disney owns Star Wars will we ever get a ST Weekend at Disneyland?

Re: Star Wars Weekends?

Forget Star Wars weekends, put Star Wars land in DCA
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
      And where exactly would they fit that?

Comment

How about changing TL into SWL. They already have Star Tours, just put in a Star wars overlay in space mountian, change captain EO into a Star Wars theme 4D movie, instead of making Innoventions into Iron Man, use it as a new Star wars ride. They can have Yoda, Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, R2-D2, C3PO and even Jar Jar walking around. They can even change Autopia into sand speeders or race pods.

Comment

I don't think it was ownership of the brand that was preventing them from having SW Weekends in Anaheim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
            How exactly does that fit into the theme of California?

Comment

3rd park.
              Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                I don't think it was ownership of the brand that was preventing them from having SW Weekends in Anaheim.
                I agree. There's no reason they couldn't have struck a deal to hold it in Anaheim.

The removal of any need to pay licensing fees makes it more likely, but I'm sure it was always a possibility.
                My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Logistics
                  Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

The only thing I could see at CA Adventure is maybe using this as the theme to the next street party after that stupid Alice theme is gone.
                    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I hope so. I doubt it, but maybe it will be part of "Limited Time Magic".
                      Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                        I agree, if they wanted to, it already would of happened. It happens in WDW to drive attendance in a slow season where people take weeklong vacations. It's not as needed in Anaheim where weekends are plenty busy and few would make a week long visit for it.

Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
                        3rd park.
                        The franchise and new material coming since they are planning 3 more movies, plus Indy, could fill up their own lands. However using a space movie and explorer movie as the basis for two lands it might feel like a copy of Tomorrowland and Adventureland.
                        Last edited by swampymarsh; 10-31-2012, 08:34 AM.
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
                          How about changing TL into SWL. They already have Star Tours, just put in a Star wars overlay in space mountian, change captain EO into a Star Wars theme 4D movie, instead of making Innoventions into Iron Man, use it as a new Star wars ride. They can have Yoda, Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, R2-D2, C3PO and even Jar Jar walking around. They can even change Autopia into sand speeders or race pods.
                          Heaven forbid that actually happens to Space Mountain. The ride is perfect as it is.

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                          The only thing I could see at CA Adventure is maybe using this as the theme to the next street party after that stupid Alice theme is gone.
                          Now that sounds like a really cool idea. A Star Wars street party would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
                            3rd park.
                            Not a bad idea!
                            For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X