Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney in high-level talks to buy Hasbro; what could this mean for Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disney in high-level talks to buy Hasbro; what could this mean for Disneyland?

According to MTV, Disney is in high-level talks with Hasbro over acquiring the toy empire, which would add to the Disney Universe: GI Joe, My Little Pony, and Transformers.

So what could this mean for Disneyland? I'd personally love to see a toy land somewhere in the park, including both Toy Story and original Hasbro characters.

Last edited by orbitalpunk; 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Re: Disney in high-level talks to buy Hasbro; what could this mean for Disneyland?

Movie wise this is a good thing, Toy Story will be allowed more characters and may even lead to a new TV show spin off from Toy Story

But Theme Park wise I don't see this effecting anything, Toy Story land is not that impressive or poplar over sea's so I dont see it making it's way to Disneyland
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Re: Disney in high-level talks to buy Hasbro; what could this mean for Disneyland?

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
      According to MTV, Disney is in high-level talks with Hasbro over acquiring the toy empire, which would add to the Disney Universe: GI Joe, My Little Pony, and Transformers.

So what could this mean for Disneyland? I'd personally love to see a toy land somewhere in the park, including both Toy Story and original Hasbro characters.

**This isn't News, whoops! Could a mod. pretty please change this to rumor? Thanks!**
      Sorry, but no toy land please.
      No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Comment

Someone stole Mickey's black card and is going on a shopping spree!

Comment

Magic: The Gathering land at Disneyland? Sweet, mix my two nerd-doms up and I'm set.

Comment

I don't think I have seen anybody use MTV as an official news source before.

Comment

Originally posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
              I don't think I have seen anybody use MTV as an official news source before.
              Wait, you didn't hear Snooky had a baby???
              No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

Comment

I've heard about these talks before, it seems to come up now and then because they, Disney and Hasbro, both market to kids.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
                  Someone stole Mickey's black card and is going on a shopping spree!
                  Seriously! :P
                  For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Who wouldn't want Princess Celestia at the meet & greet between Cinderella and Princess Leia?

Comment

So who would have the transformers theme park rights.....
                      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Hopefully it won't mean anything to Disneyland. If it means more fuel for a third park (YAY! More heroes! Go Joe!). I do not want to see the Horse-drawn Streetcar pulled by pink or blue ponies.
                        "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                        - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                          USH has a transformer ride in parks around the world, so I'm sure they will retain the ride rights in the same manner just like they have Marvel rights in the eastern US.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I'd like to see a bizarro version of Disneyland next door to Disneyland:

Main Street USA could be the New York City of Marvel.
                            Aventureland could be the world of Indiana Jones.
                            New Orleans Square could be the world of Transformers.
                            Critter Country could be the world of My Little Pony/Pound Puppies.
                            Frontierland could be the world of GI Joe.
                            Fantasyland could be the world of Dungeons & Dragons.
                            Toontown could be the world of Pixar.
                            Tomorrowland could be the world of Star Wars.

No, I'm not serious.

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                              I am pretty sure Universal has it covered.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X