This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News 2012 Disneyland Candlelight Viewing Opportunities

Here she is folks...and already some are disillusioned that its only for APers and only by sweepstakes. No dining packages.

Thoughts?
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Re: 2012 Disneyland Candlelight Viewing Opportunities

I would go...
    For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I wonder if chairs will be in very short supply leaving more standing room?
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Idk how this works, the only year I went was one of the unfortunate years when it wasn't a processional, but was held on risers in the Fantasyland theatre...and I don't remember who the "celebrity" was, but they were drunk.
        Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Comment

Every guest is [NO LONGER] a VIP. Walt is crying....
          Last edited by Werner; 11-05-2012, 04:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
            Every guest is [NO LONGER] a VIP. Walt is crying....
            Walt started Candlelight in 1958 and seating was limited to his guests. Pretty much like it is now.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Yuck.

Comment

Another Disney idea put in place without benefit of having an actual plan.
                Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Comment

So wait the processional is only for APs and only by sweepstakes? Or is this only for the Free AP seats and you can still buy seats?

This is so lame whatever it is.
                  In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Seats are by Disney's choice, which appears to be limited to guests and the AP lottery. You cannot buy seats, however, the standing room and benches are still available to all, first come first serve.
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Interesting that so many people say that the AP program brings noting good to the park, and that it can't be that beneficial to the bottom line of the park, but more and more Disney is handing out more perks and finding more ways to squeeze even more out of those "useless" AP's.... seems to me if they didn't find value in the program they wouldn't keep coming up with more stuff "just" for the AP's.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                      all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                        Seats are by Disney's choice, which appears to be limited to guests and the AP lottery. You cannot buy seats, however, the standing room and benches are still available to all, first come first serve.
                        OH! Thanks for clarifying. I originally thought that the ceremony was not available at all to regular, non-AP guests. But is it something that a day guest can experience, or does one have to pay extra for the separate admission after regular hours. I'm so confused! :blush:

Comment

Originally posted by Werner View Post
                          But is it something that a day guest can experience, or does one have to pay extra for the separate admission after regular hours. I'm so confused! :blush:
                          It happens in the evening when regular guests will be around. The question really is will AP get all the good viewing, or will the regular guests on the fringe get into some better viewing spots.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Nope, I'm staying away from Disneyland those dates. A nice proud tradition has died.
                            I'll take a large Tea Cup with a side of Casey Jr. And when will all the construction finally end?

)):smart:
                            :smart::geek::geek::wave::wave:

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                              It happens in the evening when regular guests will be around. The question really is will AP get all the good viewing, or will the regular guests on the fringe get into some better viewing spots.
                              Thats a good question, and one we may not find out an answer to until the first night or two that isn't a "private" event.

I also find it interesting that the lions share of the comments on the blog itself are generally negative. And even more interesting, since all comments are moderated, that those not so sunny and happy comments are actually being allowed to see the light of day.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X