This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Go Pro Camera and Disneyland

Im thinking about getting a Go Pro Camera for my upcoming Disneyland trip. Who out there has one or has used one? Can they be mounted on the rides? Any and all information about the Go Pro would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Go Pro Camera and Disneyland

I have one it's ok. It's pretty much a small cheap video camera, and poor still camera, but you can mount it in all sort of ways and hold it of course.

It takes some time to mount so you won't be able to mount it to rides when loading, but you can mount it on your head. There are accessories you buy for different mountings.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

I use a GoPro for motocross, and I have always thought about bringing it to Disneyland from seeing people bring it on the rides. The new GoPro Hero 3 comes out November 14th and it's 2x better then the Hero 2 if you're willing to wait and pay an extra $200. A common mount for the camera at Disneyland is the chest mount, which you can find here: http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/chest-mount-harness/

As far as mounting it on rides, that would be tricky. You could get the suction cup mount and slap it on the side of the Pirates boat, or whatever ride you're on. And the suction mount can be found here: http://gopro.com/camera-mounts/suction-cup-mount/

The GoPro is a very fun camera to have, and bringing it to Disneyland to catch all point of views would be awesome, have fun!
      Last edited by Zeth; 11-06-2012, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I have seen people with them.. so i assume it's okay

Comment

My husband had fun with ours when we were there in Sept. He wore it on his head in most of the rides & was able to put together a cute video for his Facebook page. He had originally bought the GoPro for hanggliding, but it's amazing the uses and fun we've had with it.

It doesn't take very good footage inside the very dark parts of dark rides or inside SM or Matterhorn, but there were useable short bits of footage for just about all rides.

No CMs told us we couldn't film in the rides, but they did ask us if we had turned off the display screen on the back so as not to spoil the ride for others. We always checked to be sure it was off.
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

i think it's kinda cool to see a on ride video of a ride like Screamin.. and i am kinda glad that disney allows it to happen, its no differen then having a video camera on the ride..

Comment

im using a gopro to do my science project on screamn

i dont like the wind tunnelish noise they make
              overall they are great
              Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                im using a gopro to do my science project on screamn

i dont like the wind tunnelish noise they make
                overall they are great

My DH put ours in the waterproof case for Ca Screamin'. It almost eliminated that 'whooshing' noise but you can still hear the music, his laughing, & my screaming! LOL.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                  I have seen people with them.. so i assume it's okay

Me too...not sure how good they are, but I have seen many people with them.
                  For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

My son and his friends use them for snowboarding, and I was actually pretty impressed with the video quality, at least watching it on the laptop. Haven't watched it on the big screen yet. But great idea!
                    Counting the minutes to our next trip!
                    Former Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI !!!!
                    Bay Area German Shepherd Rescue
                    www.bayareagsr.org

Comment

shot this with a gopro on my wrist.

You cannot zoom
                      it's terrible in the dark
                      it's for sports and action and phenomenal for that.
                      I wouldn't recommend it, honestly.

Comment

I don't have a GoPro, but I do have a GorillaPod that I use with my digital camera (there's also an adapter to use it with an iPhone).

It's pretty easy to attach it to the handlebars of rides and I haven't had any issues.

This is the one I have. The Original Flexible Camera Tripod by JOBY: Now in 4 new hues!
                        Disneyland Blog Posts: http://findingmyinnerbombshell.com/tag/disneyland/

Comment

I love flexible tripods, they're very useful in the parks. Attaching them to rails and posts at night helps a lot with exposure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X