Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas tree and wreath in Buena Vista Street?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas tree and wreath in Buena Vista Street?

I saw some pictures showing the Christmas tree and some decorations in Buena Vista street and I want to know if anyone has some clear pictures or knows where to get some. I'm really excited for Christmas this year and the new decorations I'm seeing make me happy.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Re: Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas tree and wreath in Buena Vista Street?

The only thing I have seen so far is this piece of concept art..

Click image for larger version

Name:	bvh980172SMALL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	7345366

There are also some more Christmas decorations showing up around DL/DCA that can be seen here:

Hollywood comes to Disneyland for Christmas Day Parade filming

Comment

Re: Does anyone have pictures of the Christmas tree and wreath in Buena Vista Street?

When does the Buena Vista tree go up? I'm sure its soon.

Comment

I found some. Magic Eye: Checking Out Some New Christmas Decor on Buena Vista Street
        Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Comment

Ah, well that answered my question...apparently, it's up as I type this... very cool! I will get to see it on Friday night for my Carthay Circle reservations!

Comment

That tree seems a little...erm...underwhelming. Of course, this is coming from someone who only saw a nighttime picture of it.

Comment

I think the decor (what I've seen online anyway) is appropriate for Buena Vista Street. The typical Christmas decorations of the 1930s would be more understated than, lets say, New Orleans in the 1960s. I particularly like seeing the old-time toys under the tree.

Comment

Thanks so much for searching them out! Brought a smile to my face; two of the ornaments on the BV tree are absolutely identical to fancy Christmas light bulbs that my brother and I had in the 50s-60s when we were kids. I had a fancy Snowman lightbulb, his was a fancy Santa. They screwed into the string of lights & we always made sure that Dad strung the lights so our bulbs were front & center.

Even tho I won't be at the Parks this Christmas, I'm going to imagine that a little bit of my childhood is hanging on that tree.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

There's something about blue LED lights that I really hate.
                  DisneyTwins
                  Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                    They look cold rather than warm. They don't give that cozy Christmas-y feeling.

Comment

I totally agree with you about the LED's. As someone who has professionally decorated for Christmas all over the country, my eye goes right to them...and they're cold. They don't have that warm, fuzzy glow that you get from incandescent lights. I totally get why they're popular...modern, energy efficient, blah, blah, blah...but they just don't feel like Christmas!

I was a Disney World last Christmas, and while I loved all of their decor, the LED's killed me!

Comment

Me too....doesn't have that warm glow...
                        For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

I don't really like the LEDs lol it doesn't fit bvs tree for the 60's I'm pretty sure they diddnt have LEDs back then. they should have used warm glow color LEDs looks
                          like the tradition ones but are energy savers. And after looking at Carsland pics they decor looks idk I'm just not feeling it for some reason so under whelmed from what they were saying a year ago hopefully its not finished and better things come in.

:whistling
                          It's a music Celebration
                          Come on, come on, come on
                          Strike up the band,
                          Feel the beat, what a great sensation
                          Come on, come on, come on
                          Move and clap your hands,
                          Get into the Spirit
                          Let everyone hear it,
                          So come on, come on

:whistling
                          Step into the Magic
                          Watch the stories come alive
                          Step into the Magic
                          Every color shines so bright
                          Step into the Magic!!!!
                          :ap:
                          -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

I love it. I think if it were too similar to the color palate of Disneyland's Christmas Tree people would complain that it looks the same. I like that the two are different.
                            Jeff Wayne

Comment

Have you seen the castle lights lately?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X