Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glow with the Show Ear Interactivity with Fireworks is HERE!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Glow with the Show Ear Interactivity with Fireworks is HERE!

Disney Parks Blog Article: Are You Ready to

One of my favorite parts of the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort is wrapping up a day in the park with the spectacular. And this year, the Creative Entertainment team has made that show even more special by incorporating the popular . Disneyland park guests will be able to become part of the performance, with visions of sugarplums literally dancing on their heads!World of ColorFantasmic!
    First things first: the wording of this certainly makes it sound like the Christmas party is NOT a hard-ticketed event. Time to rejoice?

Secondly: how do you feel about the GwtS ears being used with fireworks? There was a lot of skepticism when it came to Fantasmic! but many here did say that it wasn't too obtrusive and may have actually accented the show well. Will the narrow corridor that Main Street USA is help with the effect of the ears? Is Disneyland investing too much into this project? Will the ears explode when they come in contact with the snow after the fireworks? Discuss!

Re: Glow with the Show Ear Interactivity with Fireworks is HERE!

I sense an AP event coming soon.

Comment

I like it!!!! I am taking mine on our trip in 8 days.

Comment

The hard ticketed stuff was not going to happen until Christmas 2013, so that could still very well be in the works. :blush:
        “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Comment

I like it!
          For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

They'll do anything to sell more of those over-priced ears.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Honestly, I don't even notice the ears during WOC - I'm too immersed in the experience of the show! Haven't seen them during F! though...

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                Secondly: how do you feel about the GwtS ears being used with fireworks? There was a lot of skepticism when it came to Fantasmic! but many here did say that it wasn't too obtrusive and may have actually accented the show well. Will the narrow corridor that Main Street USA is help with the effect of the ears? Is Disneyland investing too much into this project?
                I think the ears are very cool to see. However they aren't nessecarily an enhancement to shows, and are somewhat a show of thier own.

When they get more popula,r as they will with more opportunities to use them and the word gets around about them, it will be nice, but I think there may be a tipping point where they could be annoying. Granted this is my opinion and I go a lot, I may want to go to shows to see the show, but for people who visit rarely it may be awesome to see tons of glowing ears.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                  They'll do anything to sell more of those over-priced ears.
                  I did think it was funny the article describes them as popular. I mean, I'm sure they have some small market right now, but I wouldn't call them popular in terms of good sellers.

When they get more popula,r as they will with more opportunities to use them and the word gets around about them, it will be nice, but I think there may be a tipping point where they could be annoying. Granted this is my opinion and I go a lot, I may want to go to shows to see the show, but for people who visit rarely it may be awesome to see tons of glowing ears.
                  I think they'd be a little annoying if there are only a handful of ears flashing in time with music. It certainly wouldn't be an enhancement. But having a sea of ears in front of you and watching the fireworks from the end of Main Street? Completely magical. That's the kind of experience I hope new-comers to Disneyland have.

Comment

how much do the ears cost?

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Originally posted by bisforbrittney View Post
                      how much do the ears cost?
                      About $25.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                        Honestly, I don't even notice the ears during WOC - I'm too immersed in the experience of the show! Haven't seen them during F! though...
                        That's probably because they're not there. Last time I watched WoC I looked around and could only spot two people wearing them from where I was standing.

Comment

finally, they announce it. i was getting worried

Comment

Originally posted by F!an View Post
                            I sense an AP event coming soon.
                            I hope this really goes through (tho it seems a little late already), I would totally go again since I missed the Fantasmic! one.

stitch is love

Comment

Originally posted by MarkILIS View Post
                              That's probably because they're not there. Last time I watched WoC I looked around and could only spot two people wearing them from where I was standing.
                              Why aren't all the crowd-control people wearing them? That would beef up the presence at WoC, F! and now the fireworks.

I'm still surprised that they introduced GWTS with only one product. Their many hat designs in their many hat shops demonstrate how wildly varied guests are in their hat choices. But with GWTS it's that one hat or nothing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X