This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Worker Rescued from Space Mountain's Roof

The title pretty much explains it. A contracted worker was cleaning the roof when his harness came loose, causing him to fall (slide) down the roof of Space Mountain.

..And now we go live to the OC Register who has more details. I've always wanted to say that.

Worker rescued from Space Mountain roof | space, mountain, disneyland - Entertainment - The Orange County Register
    Last edited by explodingboy; 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM.

Re: Worker Rescued from Space Mountain's Roof

Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Comment

As painful as his injuries sound, it still sounds like fun to slide down the roof of space mountain. Hose that thing down, i'll bring the inflatable.

Micenation

Comment

I wonder if the Anaheim Fire Marshall is related to Al.

Comment

Glad he was okay! A diffrent kind of ride on space mountain!

Comment

Oh No! Now OSHA is going to make them put a fence on the roof of Space Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
              A contracted worker was cleaning the roof when his harness came loose
              They don't have staff that cleans it? Why an outside company? Is it only an occasional thing?

Comment

Originally posted by cadjoe321 View Post
                Glad he was okay! A diffrent kind of ride on space mountain!
                I'm not sure I would characterize a broken leg, broken collarbone, possible broken ribs and cuts as "okay".

If this is a contractor, who is responsible for the safety gear?

Comment

Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post
                  They don't have staff that cleans it? Why an outside company? Is it only an occasional thing?
                  very occasional, but not nearly as occasional as wdw does it.

Comment

The report said he got only bruises and lacerations from the fall. Aren't ya talking about the maintenance man who was hit by a rocket earlier this year?

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
                    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Well, it makes a lot more sense to me now that I know that an outside contractor cleans the thing. It's become rather dirty now and then as I've visited over the years.

The fact that there isn't some sort of regular cleaning crew around the park(s) actually makes a lot more sense all around, considering all the dirty things I've seen over time.

Comment

Originally posted by SparkChaser View Post
                        The report said he got only bruises and lacerations from the fall. Aren't ya talking about the maintenance man who was hit by a rocket earlier this year?

I don't know what report you read, but the one in the link mentions several broken bones

Comment

Originally posted by misfits138 View Post
                          I don't know what report you read, but the one in the link mentions several broken bones
                          That's what I'm asking myself now! I hope the man is alright.

"THAT'S R
                          IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
                            Oh No! Now OSHA is going to make them put a fence on the roof of Space Mountain.
                            Doubtful. A fence would not have helped where he was. OSHA would only recommend a fence in an area where it would make sense, like preventing workers and riders from falling off the vine.
                            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Congo Chris View Post
                              While Space is a cone shaped mountain it has a level area on the lower end of it, which is where the worker stopped his fall.

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                              If this is a contractor, who is responsible for the safety gear?
                              I'm sure in the inspection the detail will come out. Did the anchor fail, or his line that was attached to the anchor?
                              Be Cool Stay in School!
                              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X