This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Splash Mountain Miniature

So I just wanted to post a picture to show the work that I've done on the miniature of Splash Mountain that I started this summer and get some opinions about my work so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2876 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	7370872

I got most of the work done that you can see this summer. I had to go back to school, though, so I had to stop working on it until the past couple of days. The top area (namely the tree) were done then. With regards to the whole miniature, especially the top, I do realize that there is still a ton of detail work to add to get it looking even similar to actual mountain, but I have to start somewhere in getting to that point which is where I'm at now.

I know it's not perfect (some of the proportions are definitely not right), but it's only about the third time I've done any kind of model and I've only had pictures and bing maps to really go off of, so I'm pretty happy with the way it's turned out so far. I have to go back to school again, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish it over Christmas break.

I was also initially planning on making it fully functional, but I decided that it would have just taken far too much alteration of what I had done in order to get that done (not to mention more expensive). So now I've put all of my effort into just making the front look as good as possible.

Let me know what you all think, though!
    Last edited by thermo648; 11-24-2012, 11:37 PM.

Re: Splash Mountain Miniature

I don't know anything about miniatures or modeling. All I can say is that it looks pretty dang good to me! That is amazing!! What do you plan to do with it? Display it? I can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I can't wait for the end result either!

This year, Splash was my attraction-obsession (long story), but I have to say, even being only partially finished, yup, it looks like Splash Mt!

What is the water going to be made of? Will it have a vehicle on the track in mid-slide?

Comment

Fantastic
        I make make models of rides too
        send me some PMs we can give tips
        Last edited by mratigan; 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM.
        Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Your model looks great. Keep up the good work.

Comment

I can't see the picture . It seems to be happening a lot. I can see pictures fine if they are just images outsourced from links (Such as Photobucket or a newspage) using the [img]picture_link.png[/img] method, but it seems when the picture is inserted using the 'Insert Image' function on Micechat and the box next to 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' is checked, the picture never loads. That or only a portion of the picture is loaded but then the rest just gives up. Anyone got a solution, because I really do want to see the model, because I am just a fan of models and miniatures.

Total Tender Rides: 20
            Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
            Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
            Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

It looks like ... a whole lot of work done, and a whole lot of work left. I'm sure we'll all be impressed by the time you are done. Good luck.
              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

It looks great already, can't wait to see the final product, but take your time! When it comes to modelling, deadlines should never be an issue.
                .:: ::.

Comment

Originally posted by Bongo View Post
                  I can't see the picture . It seems to be happening a lot. I can see pictures fine if they are just images outsourced from links (Such as Photobucket or a newspage) using the [img]picture_link.png[/img] method, but it seems when the picture is inserted using the 'Insert Image' function on Micechat and the box next to 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' is checked, the picture never loads. That or only a portion of the picture is loaded but then the rest just gives up. Anyone got a solution, because I really do want to see the model, because I am just a fan of models and miniatures.
                  Try looking at the image URL. Here's this one: http://micechat.com/forums/attachmen...5&d=1353832605

This is sick. Are you going to add water?

Comment

looks awesome cant wait to see more!!!!!
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

so far it's amazing! i can't wait to see the finished product. is this your first disneyland ride model?

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Originally posted by the mermaid View Post
                        Try looking at the image URL. Here's this one: http://micechat.com/forums/attachmen...5&d=1353832605
                        Can't display because it contains errors. Am I doing something wrong? Ooh all I want to do is view an image. How can I become more simple, internet?

Total Tender Rides: 20
                        Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                        Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                        Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

That's amazing, thank you for sharing! I can't wait to see it when you finish!!

Comment

Impressive. Most impressive.
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Threads like this are the reason I come to the micechat forums. Truly spectacular so far! Will you be adding lighting at some point? Like maybe at the top of the lift hill? I think that would be really neat

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X