Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My First Trip Report -- After Thanksgiving Trip...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report My First Trip Report -- After Thanksgiving Trip...

The entrance to the Mad T-Party

I really like how the main band stage looked at night with the lamps.
    Pretty Stage Lamps!

We found the White Rabbit DJ! I think his DJ booth was supposed to look like a giant hat. I think it might have been better as a giant tea cup.

The White Rabbit DJ

The Disneyland Christmas Tree.

They were getting ready for the parade and fireworks, so the front of the castle was closed off. I figured it was a good time to get a shot.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    PART II
    -----------------------------------------------------

These are the people that we get to plow over on our way to Cars Land.

I hope that they all have small shoes when they trample me.

Booze! Yes, I need a drink! Oh how you tease!

The back side of a sign!

So into the queue we go. Luckily things calm down a bit so we are all able to catch our breath. We survived!

Where were you when we were on the I-5!?!?

The spring that started it all!

You get all of this for one low price of FREE!

Looking from the queue towards the waterfall.

45 short minutes later we are on the ride and ready to start our adventure!

Looks like we have some fans! Love the fro going on there!

We scrub off some speed and head into the tail light caverns. Someday I will get to see this at night. I hear it really shines!

As we come to the end of the ride, we get to listen to a little bantering between Lightning and Mater.

And with that, we exit the queue. Looking back we now see that wait
    time at almost 2 hrs. Good thing we survived the crowds and got on the
    ride when we did.

I have to admit, Ursula is one of my all time favorite villains. Get
    rid of all the evil magic stuff, and I think she might make a great hag.

Ah, that magical time of day when the sun has set, the sky is blue, and the lights have just come on.

Onwards we march towards the mountain!

Man, that is one chilly cloud!

Oh you naughty holiday Cancan girls! You show off those bloomers!

Like most cats, this one is also sleeping on the job, surrounded by his servents.

Oh stop Miss Hippo. Stop flirting with those bedroom eyes of yours!

Ok, I have to admit that this is my favorite scene in the entire ride. I love Lilo and Stitch!

Last edited by Dang8; 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM. Reason: Added Part II
    My Blog... http://www.danandrobert.com

Re: My First Trip Report -- After Thanksgiving Trip...

Thanks for this trip report!

Originally posted by Dang8 View Post
    Well, leaving at 8am would still get up there around 1:30-2 – not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Things were starting to go smoother until we went to clean the auto-kitty box. Somehow the scooping arm got jammed and caused the rotating litter tray to backup. We had to take the whole thing apart, wash it, dry it, and put it back together. Ugh! What a mess it was.!
    I wouldn't get a auto kitty box just because I know this would happen to me alot.

Finally 10am rolls around. Bolt the Volt has a full charge and a full tank of gas. We were off like a herd of turtles!
    Bolt the Volt all charged and fueled for the trip!!

ha! I love Bolt the Volt!

Now, the downfall is that this hotel is not great. The rooms are not pretty, and are in desperate need of a remodel. The first time we stayed at this hotel, Rob was freaked and scanned it with his special black light and looked for bugs. !!
    Scanning with a black light is such a good idea! Glad you found it all clean!

We found the White Rabbit DJ! I think his DJ booth was supposed to look like a giant hat. I think it might have been better as a giant tea cup.

I kinda wanna say it is a tea cup, maybe a mis-shaped tea cup because I see the saucer at the bottom of it....I love that he wears rabbit ears though. He must LOVE that!

But yes, elecTRONica is SOO much better....I miss it.

Thanks for posting!

Comment

Clara, thanks for the comments! As for the litter box, it has worked great for years...

I was thinking that the DJ booth might be a Hat because the bottom could be the brim to the hat. I should have walked around and seen if there was a handle.

Comment

I was thinking that the DJ booth might be a Hat because the bottom could be the brim to the hat. I should have walked around and seen if there was a handle.
        actually you might be right about it being a hat. I don't see a tea cup handle.
        Last edited by clara; 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

That was a fun start to the trip report. Getting there is truly part of the adventure. I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza. I'm glad it passed the cleanliness test.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Not sure I'd be brave enough for the black light test... sometimes ignorance is bliss... lol

Looking forward to more!
            I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Comment

very cool! love the pics! Thanks for taking us along for the ride!
              Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Comment

i love all your pictures; thanks for sharing!

i'm totally with you about being inspired to decorate my own place with a bunch of lights after seeing disneyland, and then remembering that i would have to pay for them ahaha.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

nice trip report thanks. cant wait for more

Comment

Thanks guys for all the kind words! Part 2 is now up!

Comment

Probably one of the best TRs I've seen yet... Thank you so much for sharing!! Can't wait to see Part 3!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Great TR! Is it better to get a FP for RSR at parking opening or go directly to the ride? Or get a FP then try to ride? What about single rider line? We are going in 6 weeks and I am trying to plan my strategy. Also would it be better to go on RSR on a morning when there is not a magic morning? Friday is a MM but Saturday is not. Would Friday be better. What is the best way to do it. It will be our first time. Thanks.

Comment

Awesome Trip Report very detailed, great looking pictures. What kind of camera do you use?

sigpic

Comment

Bstone: I'm not sure about the FP for RSR. All I know is that the line for FP was pretty long also. Single rider is by far the fastest, and you can generally get your group pretty close to eachother. In the past, our group of 5 were only a few cars apart. I'm sure someone on here could give you better advice.

Jay: I use an older Nikon D90. It is a tank. The important part is the lens... I was using a Tamron AF 17-50mm F/2.8 - first time shooting with this lens. Very high ISO, shooting in RAW, with a fast memory card, I was able to pretty much just hold the shutter button down the entire ride... which increased my odds of getting an ok shot. Hopefully I will be able to upgrade to a ful frame camera soon.

Comment

Great stuff, the RSR dark shots are awesome.
                              They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X