Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] A Christmas Fantasy Parade question...

I just watched the Christmas Fantasy Parade on YouTube and had a question for the DL regulars. The video I watched was recorded from the hub, looking down Main Street. The recording was great, but the thing that struck me was the pacing of the parade. There seems to be a crowd crossing near Coke Corner, and this ended up leaving huge gaps in the parade. I actually found it almost painful to watch the parade in it's entirety because of the amount of times the CM's let crowds cross the street. My question is, when viewing the parade from a different location, are there large gaps between the parade units, or are they allowed to "catch up" making the pace of the parade normal? I liked the Christmas Fantasy but felt it would have been a much better parade without all the dead space between floats.
    WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
    Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,'10x3,'11x5,'12x4,'13x4,'14x 2
    DL-
    '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10,'14

Re: A Christmas Fantasy Parade question...

I don't believe it stops for the other floats to catch up. If it didn't get so crowded, I do away with the crossings completely. There's a show going, sit down and wait. Sorry. :/

Comment

It is just like all parades at Disneyland. they all have gaps to allow people to cross. They do this so people can still enjoy the park and are not forced to stay and watch the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
        It is just like all parades at Disneyland. they all have gaps to allow people to cross. They do this so people can still enjoy the park and are not forced to stay and watch the parade.
        I understand that, but at one point there was a three minute gap....that seems a bit extreme. I've never seen gaps this big in any Disney parade.
        WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
        Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,'10x3,'11x5,'12x4,'13x4,'14x 2
        DL-
        '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10,'14

Comment

That was an oddity if it was literally 3 minutes. There are gaps just like at DHS, MK and AK to let people access to get around, into and out of the parks while the parades take place.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X