This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DCA Phase Two: Is it dead?

Because of Cars Land success are they going to put more money into DCA and change plans, or will they sit on the success and spend the money on Disneyland.

Re: DCA Phase Two: Is it dead?

Hard to say. Talks of changes to Tomorrowland (like we are talking about in your other thread) happening soon are floating around. They essentially just finished a huge expansion on DCA, so it may be a while before we see any major work being done there.

Comment

Phase two has been in the works since they started the project. I heard that it was on the back burner until the '12 attendance numbers are final.

Comment

There's not much left to be done, except Hollywoodland's backlot area. I'm pretty happy with the place, but that section is wasting some major potential.

Comment

There never has been and never will be a literal "Phase 2."

Updates and new additions will continually be made to DCA in the coming years (some very soon actually), but there will not be an official "phase" like there was with the massive overhaul that was just completed.

Comment

I don't think so. They will simply give DCA a break for a while and focus more on areas in Disneyland that need work.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

Updates and new additions will continually be made to DCA in the coming years (some very soon actually), but there will not be an official "phase" like there was with the massive overhaul that was just completed.
              And now you have sparked my interest. If there is one thing I miss here, it's DCA Project Tracking. What additions will be coming very soon? Hints, maybe? I know RCCT and GRR go down after the holidays so maybe some more small thematic additions there...?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
                And now you have sparked my interest. If there is one thing I miss here, it's DCA Project Tracking. What additions will be coming very soon? Hints, maybe? I know RCCT and GRR go down after the holidays so maybe some more small thematic additions there...?
                Can't really say a whole lot, but there are more than a couple attractions currently being tossed around for different areas of DCA. I wouldn't expect a new attraction for a few years though. But there will definitely be small things popping up between now and next summer, as well as a few updates currently gaining traction.

Comment

i can see hollywoodland get some stuff
                  and soarin 2.0 and a new ride in grizzly peak
                  Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Can't really say a whole lot, but there are more than a couple attractions currently being tossed around for different areas of DCA. I wouldn't expect a new attraction for a few years though. But there will definitely be small things popping up between now and next summer, as well as a few updates currently gaining traction.
                    Sounds interesting, thanks! I just miss the tracking of projects at DCA, including all the small details. I know you can't say much but, any idea what lands and/or attractions will be seeing this stuff by next summer?

Comment

I doubt we'll see anything for a while. They probably put it way off after they realized what they just did was enough to see massive increase in attendance. I just hope they don't rest on their laurels for too long. DCA is so close to being up there with TDS and epcot.
                      In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Let's let DCA have a year of no big changes. I think the last park-wide refurbishment exceeded the park's allotment of "Pardon Our Pixie Dust!" signs.

Comment

Did it ever exist?

Oh right, it didn't.

Comment

Right, Phase 2 is an imaginary fan shopping list of what they want next.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X