Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Is Disneyland's Autopia Doomed?

The following appeared on the Disneyland Autopia page of Wikipedia:

The cars generate a moderate level of exhaust from the gasoline engines that propel the cars. The park employees that work at this ride are compensated an additional $0.20 an hour for hazardous environment.

This attraction (California version) has recently lost sponsorship from Chevron. This having both pros and cons in affecting the ride. In wake of this, it is said that Tomorrowland may be getting an expansion. Autopia along with 2 other attractions may be demolished to make for a better Tomorrowland. Due to the loss of sponsorship, the attraction may now be in peril.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopia

If the Autopia is demolished, what new attraction should be designed in its place?
    Last edited by dland_lover; 12-15-2012, 02:58 PM. Reason: Added link to source, per MiceChat policy.
    sigpic

Re: Is Disneyland's Autopia Doomed?

Probably Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
      Marvel
      yup.....
      Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Mission Space.

Comment

Great ideas, but how would any new attraction be positioned around the Submarine Lagoon and the Disneyland Railroad track?
          sigpic

Comment

Hopefully the subs will go too. It's time.

Comment

i hope the lagoon stays and become aquatopia
              make an "L" shaped walkway from the matterhorn to the front of the monorail station
              they can fit in 2 "E"tickets and a "C" ticket flat ride or restraint
              they can even fit a new peoplemover boarding station here

Comment

I really don't think this is anything that should be even considered a rumor. It was written on Wikipedia - anyone can go in and edit. If I wanted to, I could go in and say that Tomorrowland will be relocated to Mars, it's that easy. The fact that there's no source listed, and it uses the word 'may' more than once, also leads me to believe that someone just wanted to start a new rumor.
                Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
                You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

^totally true
                  but lets piece together the puzzle from info on micechat

Comment

I hope it's gone

Comment

Originally posted by Chesire View Post
                      I really don't think this is anything that should be even considered a rumor. It was written on Wikipedia - anyone can go in and edit. If I wanted to, I could go in and say that Tomorrowland will be relocated to Mars, it's that easy. The fact that there's no source listed, and it uses the word 'may' more than once, also leads me to believe that someone just wanted to start a new rumor.
                      When I was reading it, I was 80% sure the rumor came from someone on MiceChat. The thread might have started with something like "I heard from a CM..."

Comment

The exhaust is a big reason I don't like to ride it. The smell gives me a headache. I think it could lead to a couple different attractions it takes up so much space. Fantasyland could use a lot of that space. Plus with the Racers, it's really obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                          Probably Marvel.
                          God, I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                            The exhaust is a big reason I don't like to ride it.]
                            Funny you mention that - I love the smell of the old cars, definitely isn't "tomorrow" though.
                            Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
                            You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Comment

I wouldn't be upset if Autopia was demolished. The only reason it still exists is to let kids drive a car for 5min. It doesn't fit into Tomorrowland at all and hasn't for quite sometime.

If it is demolished I would personally love to see a Tron ride, but I bet the area would go to Marvel if a future Marvel attraction doesn't take over Innoventions.
                              Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X