This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] carnival music in mark twain queue

So as im writing this, im on mark twain, while i was in line i noticed carnival/ old fashioned circus music playing, how long has this been there? im just noticing it now, has it always been here?

Thanx

And please no one telling me its not there, i know what im hearing
    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Re: carnival music in mark twain queue

Is this the type of music you are talking about?

Disneyland Ragtime Piano On Mark Twain - YouTube

Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

The old calliope music was there very early on (1950s) and was restored a few years ago.

Comment

This is the actual Mark Twain Riverboat in Hannibal, Missouri. It features calliope music as well.

Mark Twain Riverboat

Comment

Thanks guys
          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

In the 1950's and 60's there was an actual calliope in the covered queue area on the Mark Twain dock. It played songs constantly. In the 1970's it was falling apart due to exposure to the elements and it was replaced with a 60 minute recording of the original machine. But then in the late 1990's that 70's era analog recording fell into disrepair and the Pressler/Harriss era didn't have money to fix it. The recording was recently redone in digital format, and it now plays in the queue area via new speakers. It's a throwback to the 1950's, with a stop in the 1970's.

Comment

It was nice and i liked it alot
              sigpic

Comment

Here is the model of instrument that the music was recorded from. To my knowledge, it is still owned by Disney.

Comment

So cool.

Comment

Anyone have a recording of this 'live' in the park? Very curious now
                    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

That's a Wurlitzer Style LX orchestrionn, not a calliope. This is a calliope http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...Tp7xE0KMnxQjqg The "X" designation that it is fitted with a automatic roll changer allowing it to play six, six tune rolls, as opposed to the Style L which had the long tune roll frame that played a ten tune roll. This instrument had been acquired by Walt Disney when he bought the collection of a LA area collector .

Comment

Here's a picture of it in the dock building, courtesy of MiceChat's very own Daveland: DAVELAND MARK TWAIN PHOTO (It's visible just above the "davelandweb.com" tag.)

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
                          Anyone have a recording of this 'live' in the park? Very curious now
                          Will try to have on my bf's YouTube soon
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's a better view from 1971:

See vintage & current Disneyland photos, 24/7
                            http://davelandweb.com/disneyland
                            http://davelandblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X