This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Labyrinth - Fantasyland

So, as you may recall, the Fantasy Film Labyrinth is owned by Henson and Lucasfilm aka Disney.

who would enjoy a labyrinth themed attraction (a dark ride perhaps) hidden somewhere in fantasyland? It is much better and more fun than the recent atrocity by Disney and Tim Burton called Alice in Wonderland...

just a fantasy, but what do you think?

Re: Labyrinth - Fantasyland

I don't think Labyrinth has stood the test of time. It's more of a curiosity with (at most) a cult following. That's not to say that the latest Alice in Wonderland is any better, of course, since I don't imagine it has even a cult following.

I think an actual labyrinth could be a fun addition to a Disney park, though!

Comment

As much as I love that movie, I don't see it being in a Disney park. :-/

Comment

I am a huge fan of this film, but yeah I do not think it would hold up well today. Do i wish we could get an attraction based off that film, yes, will it happen, probably not.

Comment

It is quite suited for a dark ride. Peter Pan is dated too...

Comment

I'd love it, but it'll never happen. Remove Autopia and put in a gigantic labyrinth in there. Preferably without the oubliette or bog of eternal stench (although if you removed the subs too....)
            sigpic Not so patiently waiting for Disneyland Australia.

Comment

<3 Labyrinth

Micenation

Comment

I would much prefer something from "Dark Crystal" than Labyrinth. Crystal is Timeless and Labyrinth is very dated and did not hold up as good. I liked both films but I think that Dark Crystal is Henson's crowning achievement. They are still printing beautiful books and have had so many re-issues on DVD and Blu Ray and nothing from Labyrinth at all except a couple of DVD's.
                Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Labyrinth has a lot of fans out there - and so does David Bowie. I'd love to see a labyrinth, or something based on the Escher-based staircases at the end of the film.

A maze would be pretty fun even if it wasn't based on Labyrinth. They have one in Disneyland Paris with an Alice in Wonderland theme.

Dark Crystal scared the beegeezus out of me when I was a kid - especially that scene where the pod person loses his soul.
                  Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

pfffft at all the nay sayers the Labyrinth is still a good movie today!!!!!!! I would not want it in Disneyland though but would love some sort of attraction like in a studious park!!!
                    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                    My company had a special night at the park
                    WdW trip report with WWoHP
                    NYE 2011 trip report
                    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                    Leap year 24 hour report
                    New DCA trip report
                    NYE 2012
                    HKDL trip report

Comment

It is a great movie and does hold up well. It's a good story and fun. The only thing I can imagine making it seem "dated" would be the technology used to make it. We live in a world where we are spoiled by amazing film effects. Some are so amazing in comparison. We are spoiled children.

take a breath and enjoy the beauty of real practical effects. Labyrinth is full of them and its magical. Much like the original Star Wars.

Comment

Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies, but I don't think it would necessarily work in Disneyland. It might be a fun stage show but that is about it.
                        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

I loved Labyrinth, but perhaps I'm just too skeptical. I'd love to see some kind of Labyrinth attraction, but focused more on the mythological side of it. I know about 100 years ago they thought of something along those lines for Animal Kingdom's Beastly Kingdom, but sadly that went the way of Western River Expedition.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I've never actually seen it, so I can't really say much on the subject...But from the few images and recaps from friends, it doesn't exactly sound much like something Disney would want to build an attraction around.

Comment

Fantasyland at Disneyland Paris actually does have a Labyrinth already, based on the animated version of Alice in Wonderland. I have seen many pictures and it is quite beautiful. They don't have a dark ride for Alice though.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
                              An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X