Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Exiting Disneyland through backstage.

Backstage at Disneyland 1/2/13 - YouTube

We exited Disneyland through backstage last night. I was about to take pictures of the Jungle Cruise boats parked in a canal behind main street, but a guard yelled at me to quit. So I flipped the camera to video...

Re: Exiting Disneyland through backstage.

I look forward to them opening that pathway to guests way too much..

Comment

It could be "gussied up" and a cool way to exit, because it sucks to exit the park with a stroller.

Comment

I have a picture from "backstage" along Main St. that I snapped from the afternoon/evening we were there for the CandleLight event with Dick Van Dyke, am I allowed to post it here?

I also took one of the Jungle Cruise boats, but it was too blurry. We did see Aladdin though, it was funny, he looked at all of us and before he went into the door, he put his finger over his mouth as to say, "shhhh, you never saw me".

Comment

Originally posted by rwsmith View Post
          Backstage at Disneyland 1/2/13 - YouTube

We exited Disneyland through backstage last night. I was about to take pictures of the Jungle Cruise boats parked in a canal behind main street, but a guard yelled at me to quit. So I flipped the camera to video...
          So a cast member asks you not to take pics, but you somehow think not only is video okay, but let's brag about breaking the rules and post it on a Disney message board?
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

If they don't want pictures of backstage areas, they shouldn't have guests backstage. And the signatures are done ad nauseum on this site. When a signature area is 120% bigger than the related post above, there is something wrong with the forum signature rules.
            ~ Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Olson View Post
              And the signatures are done ad nauseum on this site. When a signature area is 120% bigger than the related post above, there is something wrong with the forum signature rules.
              That's why I have signatures hidden.

Comment

awesome thanks.

Comment

I don't see a problem filming or showing this. If they're going to allow guests backstage, they can't really expect guests not to take photos/ videos. I love seeing backstage areas.

Comment

Since I've read articles on this board with cast member's photos stating that it's not allowed I thought this would be an interesting addition, but I understand how there's always going to be someone with the opposite opinion and if asked by the administrators I would remove it.

Comment

I first was able to run the backside of Main Street a few years back. In those days all the stuff that is currently behind canvas (the Jungle Cruise boats, the Main Street vehicles, the CMs rest rooms and break areas, their lockers, pay phones, service doors etc.) were still out in the open. There has been at least some attempt by Disney to stash some of that stuff out of eyesight.
                      I always knew that taking pics of this area was tantamount to breaking a magician's secrets and have therefore never taken advantage of the grand old dame being seen in her skivvies.
                      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by rwsmith View Post
                        Since I've read articles on this board with cast member's photos stating that it's not allowed I thought this would be an interesting addition, but I understand how there's always going to be someone with the opposite opinion and if asked by the administrators I would remove it.
                        IMO, backstages pictures should not be allowed when Disney does not want you to be back stage, such as walking through Cast only doors, or an attraction breaking down. When Disney purposely directs you back stage as in this case pictures should not be restricted.

Do you know if you could of exited behind the east side of Main Street? In some case Disney adds some light themeing, for situations like this, to that side.
                        Be Cool Stay in School!
                        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Some interesting old threads in which the backstage issue was debated:

From 2006: "Do backstage Disneyland photos ruin the magic for you?"

2007: "What're your backstage and house lights picks?"

2011: "Penalties for taking pictures of backstage?"
                          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

I enjoyed my experience backstage. It's a personal preference clearly, but I think there is certain charm to it that reminds me of my time in the theatre and it reminded me of the huge show that the parks put on daily.
                            “You know, I have the strangest feeling I've seen that ship before... a long time ago, when I was very young.” ―George Darling

It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                              I always knew that taking pics of this area was tantamount to breaking a magician's secrets and have therefore never taken advantage of the grand old dame being seen in her skivvies.
                              I feel the same way. I never felt the need to snap any photos, seeing it the handful of times I've seen it is enough for me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X