Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

    Do you think Disney would suggest adopting this program? It would work similar to the system that DirecTv uses where you and your friend(s) get $10 off the price of their pass for each friend. Example: I refer 3 friends to buy a pass. When they purchase their passes, they each give my pass number or name, and that then gives each friend a discount of $10 off, while a get a total of $30 off. That may seem unfair, but then they can start referring their friends and get more of a discount. If you need further explanantion of how this would work, just ask and I'd be happy to explain.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

    Imagine a crowded day at Disneyland....

    Now imagine everyone there had a friend along
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

      Originally posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
      Do you think Disney would suggest adopting this program? It would work similar to the system that DirecTv uses where you and your friend(s) get $10 off the price of their pass for each friend. Example: I refer 3 friends to buy a pass. When they purchase their passes, they each give my pass number or name, and that then gives each friend a discount of $10 off, while a get a total of $30 off. That may seem unfair, but then they can start referring their friends and get more of a discount. If you need further explanantion of how this would work, just ask and I'd be happy to explain.
      You do those kinds of promotions when you want to increase numbers. They don't want more AP's. What they want is more $$ from a smaller number of AP's.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

        In short, no.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

          I think this would just be an advantage for large families.

          Disney doesn't need to do anything like this compared to direct TVs. The reason is Disney has enough Passholdears that it's earned without discounts. Direct TV, is tiny, everyone has TV in thier house and it's trying to get customers away from thier cable companies. Disney doesn't have trouble getting guests away from Knott's and Sea World.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

            Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
            I think this would just be an advantage for large families.

            Disney doesn't need to do anything like this compared to direct TVs. The reason is Disney has enough Passholdears that it's earned without discounts. Direct TV, is tiny, everyone has TV in thier house and it's trying to get customers away from thier cable companies. Disney doesn't have trouble getting guests away from Knott's and Sea World.
            DirecTV has 20M subscribers. That's tiny?

            DirecTV - and other TV providers - don't offer referral bonuses because they are tiny. They do it because home television subscription services is a hyper competitive market, like Internet, cell phone and credit cards.

            Disneyland doesn't really compete with anybody, and doesn't need a referral program to steal customers from competitors.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

              I don't think so. The resort finally has near sufficient infrastructure to handle the current amount of APs(I say nearly because DCA 2.0 hasn't solved the parking problems) Any more APs would start straining the resort all over again. I personally loved the evenly dispersed crowds we got this past summer. I think capacity needs to be increased before they try to recruit more APs. But disney really doesn't need to try that hard to add more APs.
              In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

                Originally posted by MAH4546 View Post
                DirecTV has 20M subscribers. That's tiny?

                DirecTV - and other TV providers - don't offer referral bonuses because they are tiny. They do it because home television subscription services is a hyper competitive market, like Internet, cell phone and credit cards.

                Disneyland doesn't really compete with anybody, and doesn't need a referral program to steal customers from competitors.
                Yes tiny, look at the number of homes with cable and DirectTV is dwarfed by them.

                Unlike cell phone and credit cards, they are not monopolistic. Unlike internet which is not competive for a simliar reason and only changed from going through your phone, to cable and now to cell phone because of technological changes which made one advantageous over the other.
                Be Cool Stay in School!
                Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

                  The only way I could see them doing this is if they went to one level of annual pass with no payment plan, as it should be. Otherwise, the population is just too saturated currently for this.
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Refer a Friend program for Annual Passes

                    No way. Disney needs to increase prices on AP's to reduce attendance.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X