This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Employee Struck By Undercover Cop Last Night

I didn't see this posted yet, and I just came across it on Twitter this morning so excuse me if it's been posted already.

Thoughts are with the victims family!

Disney Employee Hit by Car of Undercover Officer | KTLA 5

Re: Disneyland Employee Struck By Undercover Cop Last Night

This seems to be happening more and more often, they really need to build walkways over the street like they have in Vegas at all the major intersections around the resort =/
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

Comment

I saw this on the news this morning...sounds like the driver was completely in the wrong from what I'm reading.

Comment

Not having bridges/tunnels over/under Harbor for guests/employees has always been a MAJOR issue and is a HUGE mistake.

Comment

Yeah, the only safe ways to cross are over at the Downtown Disney walkway and by taking a tram to M&F.
          I'll take a large Tea Cup with a side of Casey Jr. And when will all the construction finally end?

)):smart:
          :smart::geek::geek::wave::wave:

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Not having bridges/tunnels over/under Harbor for guests/employees has always been a MAJOR issue and is a HUGE mistake.
            i agree 100%!!
            Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

Comment

Yes, look at the intersection of the Las Vegas Strip and Tropicana,
              then realize that there are ten times the people crossing Harbor
              in the morning and at night, so this should be more grand.
              Why not make it beautiful and amazingly safe?

Comment

I agree. They really need walkways over Harbor for everyone's safety.
                Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often. Every time I go to Disneyland, I cross that intersection, and the whole time I'm crossing, my head is on a swivel.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                  Follow us on Twitter
                  @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                  Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                    I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often. Every time I go to Disneyland, I cross that intersection, and the whole time I'm crossing, my head is on a swivel.
                    +1. I'm especially nervous when crossing with my 3 small children!

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants View Post
                      Me too!

I stay at one of the hotels across Harbor, I'm really surprised I haven't seen anyone seriously hurt or killed yet.

That's a VERY bad place to be.

Comment

What I've also noticed in this intersection is that at opening and closing times, when there are very large groups of people crossing at the same time, the crosswalk can't contain the hoard. I've seen people crossing around the cars at the red light because they pretty much have to. It's a daily potential disaster.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                        Follow us on Twitter
                        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I live in Chicago, and that intersection is typical in our town.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Disney had long ago planned to put an above roadway entrance into the resort. But since plans have changed and it's essentially waiting on Anaheim to put in thier share of the project.

If Anaheim thought it was nessecary they would of already built one.

IME, I've never seen any one hurt crossing Harbor, but had in Vegas before they installed thier walkways.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Isn't the intersection at Disney Dr. and Magic Way where all the guests, who choose to hoof it instead of wait for the tram, cross? I'd like to think that Disney will be proactive and build an above or below-ground walkway but I fear that instead they will close off the pathway and force guests and CMs to take the tram from now on.
                              Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X