Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bridge at DCA (Hyperion) has been painted according to Touring Plans...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The Bridge at DCA (Hyperion) has been painted according to Touring Plans...

"TouringPlans‏@TouringPlans
    The Buena Vista Street bridge in DCA got painted a new color last night. pic.twitter.com/dybgogAD"

Hmm...
    Sorta breaks with it being based on a real bridge (that's never been painted from the photo's I've seen). What do you think?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA1hpfLCMAAaaZP.jpg:large
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-17-2013, 08:35 PM. Reason: Removed hotlinked image per MiceChat policy.

Re: The Bridge at DCA (Hyperion) has been painted according to Touring Plans...

I like it. And I think it was just modeled after a real bridge, not that it was supposed to be a copy of that bridge,

Comment

I liked the original. Looked like all those nice old concrete bridges in la. This looks prettier I guess.
      In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

I like it. Don't know if it's accurate, but I really like it.

Comment

I'd really need to see a pic of it, with the rest of the street viewable, to know for sure.

Comment

Looks nice.....if you like ugly..lol jk jk

I like it, might not fit as well as the white bridge but I do like the new color
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

In a lot of the pictures I saw before, there always seemed to be staining coming from the light fixtures. I wonder if they did this because it would be easier to maintain and look better than an all white bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by bacevedo View Post
                In a lot of the pictures I saw before, there always seemed to be staining coming from the light fixtures. I wonder if they did this because it would be easier to maintain and look better than an all white bridge.
                ^ That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Back in the 30's when monorails crisscrossed LA... Oh wait, never mind.

Comment

liked it before..like it now.. it's all good with me!

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                      Back in the 30's when monorails crisscrossed LA... Oh wait, never mind.

:lol::lmao:

Comment

I'm fine with the new colors.
                        Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Just grabbed these from Big Orange Landmarks as a reference to the actual Bridge it is modeled after.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2699512099_822f4d8bbb.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	7347635
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2694827112_15d603f8ab.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	7347636
                          "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Comment

Has the bridge on Buena Vista Street always been this color? on Twitpic

definitely like it...

Comment

For what it's worth, the bridge is by the original Hyperion Street Disney Studios, and was part of the look and feel of the community in which Walt Disney set up shop.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X