Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who likes the Little Mermaid ride?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Am I the only one who likes the Little Mermaid ride?

Am I the only one who actually likes the Little Mermaid ride (at DCA)? Sure, it isn't perfect, but I've been wanting to see a dark ride of this kind happen for a long time. Sure, it's not a replica of the ride seen on the Little Mermaid DVD, but it's better than nothing. I've actually thought it was kind of cute.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: Am I the only one who likes the Little Mermaid ride?

YES. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE.

Haha, no just kidding! I like it a lot! Its a great little people eater to get you out of the heat on that side of the park.
    -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

It could have been a lot better. "Better than nothing" is simply not a good standard if you ask me.

Comment

It's fine, it's just the first time fans really complained about something and I actually understood why. Ariel's face looks bizarre and doesn't have lips, the lighting is way too bright, showing the ceiling and not a designed surface of the ocean. That and the missing battle scene do leave a lot to be desired, but all the dark rides have some flaws. Pan is WAAYY too short, Snow White's story is all messed up, etc.

Comment

I like the ride. I rode it many times during my last trip last May.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

ORWEN: I like it a lot. It's so pretty. It's so delightful. It's so enchanting. It's so--

ORGOCH: We got the point, sister, now clam up!!!!

Comment

It's nice to go on it on a busy day when everything else has long wait times.

Comment

I love it, its like the original Fantasyland Darkrides. Toad and Pan show almost zero of the movies plot but are still great tastes on how the world would look and feel to be in.
                Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Comment

I love it! Ive also been waiting for more *classic* dark rides. It was my favorite & most ridden ride on our last trip.

Comment

I like it but I would like it better if it had acual water somewhere on the ride
                    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

I like it, but there are a lot of things in it that could (and should) have been done better.

Comment

I'm in the group of people that don't really like the attraction. I was ecstatic when I heard about it-- I really, really love the Fantasyland dark rides and was stoked for another. If my memory serves correct, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue and TLM were opening around the same time in the summer of 2011 and I was way more excited for TLM.

I was very disappointed because it really doesn't offer the same immersion as the other dark rides, it's more of a passive experience. I think both the design of the ride and their choice of ride vehicle really hurt the final product, because I love the original idea.

The Little Mermaid Ride - YouTube

^ Now this feels like a classic Disney dark ride.

Comment

I love it and think it really nails the dark ride experience of the story book rides from DL. I think it doesn't look popular because it is so efficient. I wonder what effect the HM would have if it didn't have the beginning part and you just lined up to get on it without the elevator portion. I know it would ruin the attraction completely but I wonder ho the line would react.
                          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                          My company had a special night at the park
                          WdW trip report with WWoHP
                          NYE 2011 trip report
                          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                          Leap year 24 hour report
                          New DCA trip report
                          NYE 2012
                          HKDL trip report

Comment

I like it quite a bit though I think the DVD version is much more immersive. However, it's quite a bit darker and my guess is that it likely had to be toned down a bit as to not scare the target audience...young kids.

Comment

I do like it, though it's not Disney's best effort and has many shortcomings, mostly technical.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X