This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Replacement for Mupet Vision

I actually enjoy the Muppets (currently), but I'm very close to getting tired of it. Also, I think a show other than the Muppets was playing more often than the Muppets itself last year! Beacuse of this, I think a good replacement could be Mickey's Philharmagic. I KNOW it's already in 3 other parks, and I too am all about original ideas, but I think Philharmagic would be a fantastic replacement. It could be housed in the Hollywood Bowl to fit the theme of Hollywood Land, and since the Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor amphitheater, the following storyline can be added: Mickey's Philharmagic is SO magical, it has to be contained, thus, the Hollywood Bowl has become enclosed.
    The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
    sigpic

Re: Replacement for Mupet Vision

Originally posted by AvidTurtleTalker View Post
    I actually enjoy the Muppets (currently), but I'm very close to getting tired of it. Also, I think a show other than the Muppets was playing more often than the Muppets itself last year! Beacuse of this, I think a good replacement could be Mickey's Philharmagic. I KNOW it's already in 3 other parks, and I too am all about original ideas, but I think Philharmagic would be a fantastic replacement. It could be housed in the Hollywood Bowl to fit the theme of Hollywood Land, and since the Hollywood Bowl is an outdoor amphitheater, the following storyline can be added: Mickey's Philharmagic is SO magical, it has to be contained, thus, the Hollywood Bowl has become enclosed.
    I don't think they have the physical space for PhilharMagic.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Comment

I was thinking that they could expand the plot that Muppets is on to include the next door Stage 17 (where Millionaire used to be and Dancin' with Disney currently resides)
      The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
      sigpic

Comment

It could work, will it happen, i don't know, but i don't mind wither way. If Muppets leaves for Philharmagic, there are worse things to drive out the Muppets (ie Captain EO). But for now until a real suitable solution Muppets is a fine attraction. But good thought.
        Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Comment

I think I recall something about how Disney is unable to do this because of the difference in format of the two films- it would require an expensive renovation.
          In any case, I still do love Muppet Vision, but I wish it was more popular. My guess is it will be around for a while longer with the new Muppets movie just being announced and all.

^Art by me!
          Check out my
          Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
          You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
          Visit my
          Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
          Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

I think if anything goes in it should be something that lends to the whole Hollywoodland era they're trying to go for. People have tossed around idea of rides and attractions involving Oswald and the other classic characters, so that could be a possibility.

Comment

How about a simple update on content for Muppetvision? And a higher resolution update for Soarin' while were at it...

Anyway, the tone of the Muppets as a whole has changed from what it used to be with the new movie out, it would be a better representation of the "new" Muppets that way...
              -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

I didn't care very much or Philharmagic. I would rather something original goes in and not a clone.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Elias1955 View Post
                  And a higher resolution update for Soarin' while were at it...
                  Soarin' Over CaliforniaARRIhttp://www.arri.de/fileadmin/media/a...gyBrochure.pdf )

In late April 2012, IMAX began testing a new 4K (4096 x 2304 pixels) laser-projection system, based on patents licensed from Eastman Kodak. Like the film and digital systems, it uses two projectors but it has been said to improve over the smaller digital screens by retaining the traditional IMAX aspect ratio and to allow films to be shown on screens 120 feet wide or more. The laser projector will be available to exhibitors in the fourth quarter of 2013.

So, given all that, exactly HOW are they supposed to get a higher resolution update for Soarin' Over California? Its resolution is already the highest it could possibly be.

Now, a new Soarin' film? THAT I'd love to see. It's definitely time to see some new sights, and the current film could definitely use a loving restoration and some new prints, to help keep it looking fresh.
                  Last edited by Retrocool; 01-18-2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Who's Line is it Anyway? PLAY IT!
                    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Comment

Soarin' Over California? Its resolution is already the highest it could possibly be.

Now, a new Soarin' film? THAT I'd love to see. It's definitely time to see some new sights, and the current film could definitely use a loving restoration and some new prints, to help keep it looking fresh.
                      :geek:

Um... My bad? I guess I just meant that the Soarin' film doesn't look all that good. Especially the piece flying over Downtown LA, where the film is sped up. Didn't mean to incur the wrath of the stats...

And at any rate, thats a subject for a different thread altogether. BACK TO MUPPETVISION!
                      -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

Originally posted by Elias1955 View Post
                        :geek:

Um... My bad? I guess I just meant that the Soarin' film doesn't look all that good. Especially the piece flying over Downtown LA, where the film is sped up. Didn't mean to incur the wrath of the stats...
                        No problem! I agree that the print's probably looking a bit dirty and worn out at this point. The film has been there for over 10 years already, and they've no doubt gone through several prints of the film in that time. That's why I suggested that the film be given a restoration and some new prints, to keep it looking fresh.

Although, once the 4K IMAX laser projectors become available, it would be interesting to see, if they decide to show a digital print, how it performs in comparison to the 70mm film prints at Soarin'. It's possible that the 4K resolution may be sufficient for the attraction's needs, and given that it would be a digital print rather than a celluloid one, the constant plays would not result in image degradation....at least, not as quickly. That may, in fact, be the eventual plan.

Comment

It could be worse, instead of Muppets it could of been Golden Dreams. Never mind that failer....We could do some-sort-of a dark ride or they could combind stage 23, 17, demo 16 and 12 and do a rollercoster or a new type of ride system. Muppets can stay for now but that whole area needs to be updated/replaced.
                          Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                          http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Muppets should be replaced... with more Muppets. Disney seems to be pushing them on us now, and with their second movie already in production, it would seem weird to wipe them from the parks.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                            Follow us on Twitter
                            @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                            Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
                              It could be worse, instead of Muppets it could of been Golden Dreams.
                              ohh ur so right

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X