This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Sleeping Beauty Castle Chandelier Clock

Does anyone know what the significance of the clock hanging in Sleeping Beauty's Castle is? From what I can gather, it's always stopped. There are some rumors I've heard that it was stopped at the time of Walt's death, that it's set at the time of his opening day speech, and that it may be stopped because in the film the fairy godmothers put a spell on the castle, putting everything to sleep, which would include the clock. Yesterday it was stopped at 5:05, and I've seen photos online of it stopped at 4:02 as well. Maybe it's just broken?

Anyway, can anyone weigh in on this?

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Chandelier Clock

perhaps ask a cm?

Comment

The Clock chandelier carry no referrence and it is ans always has been a non-functional clock. The chandelier originally hung in the "one-of-a-Kind" shoppe in New Orleans Square and was for sale. One One-of-a-kind closed and became Le Gourmet the chandelier still hung there. It was removed during a remodel in early 2000 into the store's current tenant The chandelier was moved at that time to hang from the Castle.

Comment

I was actually looking into this clock a few days ago cause I was watching Tron:Legacy for the 100th time and thought the clock on Kevin Flynn's mantle was the same design as the one hanging in castle. There is a good close up of it when Clu is snooping around. The clocks are very similar but weren't an exact match.

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
          There are some rumors I've heard that it was stopped at the time of Walt's death...
          Which, according to his death certificate, was 9:30 am.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
            Which, according to his death certificate, was 9:30 am.
            I knew that one was not true, I was just adding it to the list of things I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by truman553 View Post
              The Clock chandelier carry no referrence and it is ans always has been a non-functional clock. The chandelier originally hung in the "one-of-a-Kind" shoppe in New Orleans Square and was for sale. One One-of-a-kind closed and became Le Gourmet the chandelier still hung there. It was removed during a remodel in early 2000 into the store's current tenant The chandelier was moved at that time to hang from the Castle.
              Originally posted by explodingboy View Post
              Does anyone know what the significance of the clock hanging in Sleeping Beauty's Castle is? From what I can gather, it's always stopped. There are some rumors I've heard that it was stopped at the time of Walt's death, that it's set at the time of his opening day speech, and that it may be stopped because in the film the fairy godmothers put a spell on the castle, putting everything to sleep, which would include the clock. Yesterday it was stopped at 5:05, and I've seen photos online of it stopped at 4:02 as well. Maybe it's just broken?

Anyway, can anyone weigh in on this?

Check after a gap between visits. The clock changes periodically. It may just take a maintenance person going by with a ladder so someone cleaning it for it to change.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

There are clock faces on both sides of the chandelier. Last time I checked, both were set to different times.

Comment

For Referance: This is the Clock...

Closeup: The time is 5:05
                  Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 01-25-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X