Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could go back in time and redesign an existing ride with modern technology...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] If you could go back in time and redesign an existing ride with modern technology...

What would you do to it?
    Would it lose its magic?
    Would it be better?
    Which ride?

Ex, making all the pirates in POTC Johnny depp-like.
    Which I wouldn't have chosen even if we had the technology back then, woul lose its antique charm IMO

I want to hear your ideas!

Re: If you could go back in time and redesign an existing ride with modern technology

id say Adventures thru inner space
    just upgrade the FX and use trackless technology
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Re: If you could go back in time and redesign an existing ride with modern technology

Bring the orignal Journy through Imagination to DL and upgrade Audio anamtronics. Throw a little Horizons in there and world of Motion to go around.
      Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
      http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
        id say Adventures thru inner space
        just upgrade the FX and use trackless technology
        This is definitely my pick. The premise of Adventures Thru Inner Space is just so darn cool.:thumbup: I think today's technology could really lend itself to the telling of its story and the creation of "inner space."

Comment

Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
          bring the orignal journy through imagination to dl and upgrade audio anamtronics. throw a little horizons in there and world of motion to go around.

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

It might be nice to have Autopia be electric instead of gas powered.

Comment

Adventures thru Inner Space. I think it would still fit in TL well. If it was updated and had some cool, new effects it could be a really great ride. I also think Autopia should go electric. I really like that ride with my kids because driving is the future for them. It's fun to watch them be so excited to drive. I just really don't like pushing down on that peddle, it makes my leg hurt. And the car I drove this last trip would NOT do what I wanted it to so it was one jerky ride.

Comment

Which ride?
                Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

What would you do to it?
                Lose the plywood cutouts, update to animatronics and projection mapping technology.

Would it lose its magic?
                Yes it would.

Would it be better?
                Not at all.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                Follow us on Twitter
                @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

It's a Small World so you can't see the ceiling with sky projections
                  Last edited by frollofan; 02-01-2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Also have to say Adventure Thru Inner Space. ALSO would just like Circle-vision back, lol. (Psst, Innoventions building.)
                    sigpic

Comment

Any and/or all of the dark rides in Fantasyland. While I love them as-is from a nostalgic perspective, they suffer in comparison to Monsters inc and Little Mermaid. I guess because space is an issue, that comparison isn't fair. But I do think those dark rides would be more enjoyable today with current technologies.
                      sigpic
                      Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Comment

Originally posted by frollofan View Post
                        So far this is the best idea I've seen. I like it a lot, and probably wouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                        Follow us on Twitter
                        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Excellent idea.

Comment

My thoughts exactly.
                            ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

Comment

Peter Pan. I think boats with a little more movement and a ride with advanced, modern-day animatronics would be amazing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X