This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Big thunder Trail Progress

I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, but one new bit of construction was visible and obvious when I visited on Saturday (Feb. 2).

As I was walking from the Mark Twain dock towards Fantasyland I noticed on my right that one of the two old tunnels that used to be used by the Nature's Wonderland train had been widened and extended to almost meet the walkway itself. You can see in this pic I've put up the difference in paint color and texture between the right and left side of the tunnel's opening.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2913.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	7371370
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Re: Big thunder Trail Progress

I noticed the new paint scheme a couple of weekends ago and I'm not liking it. Looks fake to me. Hopefully it's just a test to see what colors look the best.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Doesn't look fake to me. Looks like Route 66 between Holbrook and Gallup.
      Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
      The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Good eye
        sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

looks like the real rocks in arizona to me

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post
            I noticed the new paint scheme a couple of weekends ago and I'm not liking it. Looks fake to me. Hopefully it's just a test to see what colors look the best.
            This is because the paint is new. Give it a year or two, and it will fade.

Comment

It's amazing to see how much the old rocks have faded.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

That was actually done a while back when they had a small refurb there. I dont think its related to the BTM refurb, but it'd be interesting to see if they utilized that for something.

Comment

Originally posted by RSZero1 View Post
                  That was actually done a while back when they had a small refurb there. I dont think its related to the BTM refurb, but it'd be interesting to see if they utilized that for something.
                  The pic I posted only shows the mouth of the tunnel. There was more work evident to the right going further up the trail towards the leaping fish, and while the perspective of the above photo isn't too great, I can assure that the mouth of the tunnel is far closer to the walkway now than it was even just 2 weeks before. This was not done as part of the previous refurb.
                  Last edited by ttrocc7007; 02-06-2013, 02:47 PM.
                  First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                  First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                  BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

The Big Thunder team has gone to Bryce Canyon on scouting trips to find the correct color palette for the rockwork. Bryce Canyon was the original design inspiration for the hoodoos of Big Thunder.

Comment

As RSZero1 said they replainted this area around Thanksgiving. Oddly the painting ended without continuing further along the trail.
                      Be Cool Stay in School!
                      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Yeah the two color schemes are different. ha!
                        Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala
                        ‚Äč

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X