Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 02/09/13 Trip Report.... Premium AP about to expire.... new 28mm prime

So my PAP is about to expire in a week or so, not sure if I will renew as prices have gone up substantially and the park seems busy as ever.... I probably used it at most 10 times this year in comparison to other years when it was used 30+ times. Just got a 28mm 1.8 prime and wanted to give it a whirl.....

Re: 02/09/13 Trip Report.... Premium AP about to expire.... new 28mm prime

Comment

Your pictures are stunning! Thank you for sharing!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

WOW! These are amazing! It's not too often you see wide angle shots in dark rides. These are really cool!
        My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

What settings did you use to take the bride auction photo? Every time I try all I get is a red blob, but your photo is amazing!

Comment

.....great pics.....

Comment

Originally posted by RPDigger View Post
              What settings did you use to take the bride auction photo? Every time I try all I get is a red blob, but your photo is amazing!
              Same Question, I have a 30MM prime and I can't get pictures like this.

Amazing photos, thank you!
              Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Comment

Absolutely stunning pictures. You were able to capture great details. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Gorgeous!!

Facebook me!
                  Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Fantastic Photos!

Comment

Most dark ride shots were at 1/100 f2.0 ISO6400, exposure compensation +1 shot with a 5D Mark III. The ISO performance on this camera is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by erdons View Post
                        The ISO performance on this camera is amazing.
                        I would tend to agree with you from the looks of these pictures. Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by RPDigger View Post
                          What lens do you use? Generally to get shots in the dark, you want to use the biggest aperture you can go on you lens (which means low aperture number i.e. f/1.8), a relatively fast shutter speed, and use a higher ISO to increase your camera's sensitivity.

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
                          Same Question, I have a 30MM prime and I can't get pictures like this.

Amazing photos, thank you!
                          Same as above. Use your widest aperture setting, relatively fast shutter speed, and higher ISO. I'm assuming you're using a 30mm f/1.8? Set your aperture to f/1.8 to really widen your lens and to maximize the amount of light you'll be able to let in to your camera.

Originally posted by erdons View Post
                          Most dark ride shots were at 1/100 f2.0 ISO6400, exposure compensation +1 shot with a 5D Mark III. The ISO performance on this camera is amazing.
                          WOW, that's ISO 6400? You barely have any noise in your photos! That's incredible! I wish my D80 could do that
                          My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
                            What lens do you use? Generally to get shots in the dark, you want to use the biggest aperture you can go on you lens (which means low aperture number i.e. f/1.8), a relatively fast shutter speed, and use a higher ISO to increase your camera's sensitivity.

Same as above. Use your widest aperture setting, relatively fast shutter speed, and higher ISO. I'm assuming you're using a 30mm f/1.8? Set your aperture to f/1.8 to really widen your lens and to maximize the amount of light you'll be able to let in to your camera.

WOW, that's ISO 6400? You barely have any noise in your photos! That's incredible! I wish my D80 could do that

Nice, I was using ISO 3200 most of the time, My Nikon D3100 has Hi-1 (6400) and Hi-2 (12800), Definitely going to try those settings out. Thank you!
                            Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
                              Nice, I was using ISO 3200 most of the time, My Nikon D3100 has Hi-1 (6400) and Hi-2 (12800), Definitely going to try those settings out. Thank you!
                              No problem! I forgot to mention one thing. When you use a wider aperture, you also create a shallow depth of field, so focusing is a little bit trickier. You have to make sure that your subject is in focus. It takes some practice. Don't be afraid to shoot multiple times!
                              My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X