This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The Ribs Have Blasted Off

Check out the old menu at Taste Pilots (January 31, 2013)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Menu 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7371383

(The Old Menu)

Now check out the new menu (February 9, 2013
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Menu 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	7371385

(the New Menu)

The X-3 and X-5 Rib meals have rocketed off. I hope they land someplace else in the parks. They were one of my favorite meals in either park.
    Attached Files

Re: The Ribs Have Blasted Off

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I personally never ate them, but they were my mom's favorite. She's a huge BBQ fan and really enjoyed them--we ate here almost every trip at DCA for those things.

Comment

haha, We just got home after me telling my wife you could get ribs at taste pilots. I lost the bet because they got rid of them.
      "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Comment

The cynic in me thinks this is another case of reworking menus to make it harder to share entrees. A couple orders of the X-5 ribs were easily sharable for a family, unlike the burgers and chicken sandwiches that replaced them.
        sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

It looks like they have stopped using BBQ sauce. It could be cost cutting as people loved to serve themselves a lot of the sauce.

It also appear the themed names are gone.
          Be Cool Stay in School!
          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

"They're not gonna make 'em like that anymore. You know why? They found out we like that!" -George Carlin

Dagnabbit!

Comment

Aw man!! They were on my list of foods that I really wanted to try!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
              KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I think what bothers me more than the food change is the fact that they took out all the creative food names. Now the sign looks like one in a typical fast-food restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
                  The cynic in me thinks this is another case of reworking menus to make it harder to share entrees. A couple orders of the X-5 ribs were easily sharable for a family, unlike the burgers and chicken sandwiches that replaced them.
                  The burgers and chicken sandwiches didn't replace them. They were always there as well.
                  Originally posted by dazyhill View Post
                  I think what bothers me more than the food change is the fact that they took out all the creative food names. Now the sign looks like one in a typical fast-food restaurant.
                  This
                  "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Wait... didn't those menus used to have price on them? How would you know what any of those cost?
                    My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

I find it interesting that they also stripped all the theme off the menu. No longer is it an Alpha-Bravo-Chili Burger it's just a Chili Cheeseburger. Quite a boring menu now, comparable to something you would see at a McDonalds, no wait, at least McDonald's menu boards are animated now.
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

First the waffle fries and now this? :thumbdown

Comment

Originally posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
                          Wait... didn't those menus used to have price on them? How would you know what any of those cost?
                          If there's no price listed, you can't afford it... :lol: :roll:

I hate seeing the little tidbits of creativity and character go by the wayside. It's such a shame that everything is so generic now.
                          Imagination ~ dream a fantastic dream ~ use your imagination

Please visit my store!
                          http://www.zazzle.com/carouselofcolor*

My current blog - check it out!
                          http://www.thishappyplace.wordpress.com

Comment

What a shame!

That was my favorite place to go to, and the ribs my favorite meal.

It was also one of the better values park-wide. Maybe Disney realized it was too good a deal for guests, so they want to continue selling more overpriced food for more profit.

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
                            Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
                            Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
                            Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Comment

Why do they keep getting rid of the great rib and other Bar-b-q in the resort?
                              Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X