This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] new cm with questions

I've posted this in the cm forum but haven't had any replies thought this forum might help (mods feel free to delete if this is over kill)

Hey all, I've been on MC for a while but this is my first post as a CM.

My question may seem a but selfish, but here it goes. I've been a PAP holder and my AP expires Feb 19th, so I'm wondering if I should renew or just wait for the cast member park entry perks. Are there any? Are there restrictions? Do most cast members still buy an AP?Just don't want to miss the boat on my renewal window

so excited to be a part of the magic, can't wait to meet some of you soon ! Thanks !
    Last edited by Maleficent4811; 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM.
    sigpic

Re: new cm with questions

I wouldn't waste my money. I'm a previous CM. Your I.D. will also serve as your ticket to the parks. No need to buy an AP. CMs can come and go, whenever they want.

Congratulations, BTW.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

Good thing you asked. It would of been a big waste to spend money on an AP you wouldn't need. It does happen, so it's fortunate you found out you'd be a CM before expiration and renewing.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Congrats!
        Little and broken, but still good.

Comment

As a current CM, I can tell you that your CM ID is essentially a PAP that can have random (and I mean random) blockout dates added. Now the last day that I remember being blocked was the Pirates 4 premier. Before that was the Miley Cyrus birthday thing. So they can and do happen, but rarely. You main gate pass (sign-in guests) is what gets blocked on a regular basis. You do however run into the occasional turnstile CM that will insist that your ID is blocked on such and such a day. Just have them scan it. The turnstiles are programmed with what to admit and not to admit.

And word to the wise, keep a low profile on here. You have given very specific things with which to be able to identify you. Just watch what you say from now on out about company policies and posting any kind of "news" items that aren't already public information.

Comment

For yourself, you get admission to the parks any day. There are very rare blockouts for CM ID entry - I can only remember the Fridays in October 2009 when the Halloweentime was first taking off. Don't bother renewing your AP. If you are coming just to play and have no other business, it's best to park in Mickey and Friends or Toy Story, but if you are carrying costumes use the CM lots, as you are not supposed to have costumes on the Guest shuttles.

Comment

I am applying to the Disney College Program and some Professional Internships. In the case that I am accepted and begin working at Disneyland (starting late May or early June), can I cancel my AP? I know APs are almost never canceled, but my PAP expires on Jan 10, 2014. Can I get a cancellation if I will be employed in the park? I am also on the monthly payment plan if it matters.

Comment

Being a MCer for a while you should already know that Disney Patrols sites like Micechat. So be careful on your future posts and responces because if you say something that hurts the company or if you spill any beans you may/can get fired. Be for warned...
                Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

You may want to take your personal picture off your avatar and profile. Just a consideration.

Congratulations!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                  KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                    And word to the wise, keep a low profile on here. You have given very specific things with which to be able to identify you. Just watch what you say from now on out about company policies and posting any kind of "news" items that aren't already public information.
                    Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
                    Being a MCer for a while you should already know that Disney Patrols sites like Micechat. So be careful on your future posts and responces because if you say something that hurts the company or if you spill any beans you may/can get fired. Be for warned...
                    Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
                    You may want to take your personal picture off your avatar and profile. Just a consideration.

Congratulations!!

All of this......

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

edit your post to remove personal identifiying information

Comment

Originally posted by txdisney View Post
                        edit your post to remove personal identifiying information

Congratulations! I concur with the above posts & would add that you may also want to change your user name or (with moderator permission) create a new profile JIC you've already been sussed by Disney's 'lurkers'. If they look at current posts, I'm sure they also look for previous posts if they ever ID anyone, especially a new hire.

It's a shame we live in a world with so little privacy from one's employers, but that's the price we pay for having access to the world via the internet.
                        "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Thank you everyone for your answers and thoughts. I was very aware of the information I gave, as well as repercussions.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrulyGoofy View Post
                            I am applying to the Disney College Program and some Professional Internships. In the case that I am accepted and begin working at Disneyland (starting late May or early June), can I cancel my AP? I know APs are almost never canceled, but my PAP expires on Jan 10, 2014. Can I get a cancellation if I will be employed in the park? I am also on the monthly payment plan if it matters.
                            Sorry but you will be out of luck about savings or getting money back. Good luck finding a position.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

While we are talking about CMs, I am wondering what the minimum age is to work there?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X