This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Splash Mountain Question

Does anyone know if an adult and a small child (of course the child is tall enough to ride) are allowed to both sit in the back of the splash mountain logs? My oldest child is tall enough to ride splash, but is scared about the drop. Thanks!

Re: Splash Mountain Question

i think you can sit together... i may be wrong, though. i never ran into that with my daughter, she always fought me to sit in front to get drenched! lol

Comment

When I ride with my son we have to sit in separate seats. But I sit him in front of me so I can still lean forward and hold him during the drop.

Comment

The design of the rear seat really doesn't allow for two people, as you'd have trouble getting both of your legs through one side of the seat opening.

However, the logs are designed for single file seating and you can easily lean over to talk to or comfort a child sitting in front of you.

Comment

I remember 2 people being allowed to sit in the last seat. MY little sister used to sit back there with my dad all the time.

Comment

i don't think they allow for that, but i can't be completely sure. i just know when we took my four year old nephew, he was a bit scared, and the cm said "don't worry; your grandpa can sit behind you and hold on to you the whooooole time" so, no suggestion of sitting together, which would make me think it's not allowed.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Comment

Yes i saw it last night.
              Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
              http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

yeah you're able to. you may not have the comfort of a single person seat, but you should be able to. i've ridden in the back seat with my little cousin before. if you're still unsure, it doesn't hurt to ask if you can ride in the back with your child.
                ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

Comment

Originally posted by CSei2011 View Post
                  I remember 2 people being allowed to sit in the last seat. MY little sister used to sit back there with my dad all the time.
                  Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
                  Yes i saw it last night.
                  It depends on the size of the guests if they will fit. I have ridden there many times with my niece of nephew.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

When my oldest was only 4, we both got to sit in the back seat of a log as they have some designed especially for that purpose.

Comment

You should be able to. When I went on my school trip back in '05 I rode in the back seat with a friend. We were both teenagers and we fit just fine.
                      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Yes, I did it in Oct. My 4 1/2 year old is tall, but I didn't want her sitting alone, so when the CM sent us to seperate seats, I asked if she and I could sit in the back so I could hold onto her. I'm 6', 140 lbs, we fit just fine. She'd been on the Log Ride at Knott's, but the drop in Splash is so much bigger, and she's so little...
                        xo, Deanna

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                          It depends on the size of the guests if they will fit. I have ridden there many times with my niece of nephew.
                          This. My little brother desperately wanted to go on, but just to be sure, he sat with me in the back row
                          The music celebration puts some motion into my ocean!
                          sigpic

Comment

When I was but wee lad, my father took me on the Matterhorn. I was frightened and near tears. I enjoyed it, and will always remember that feeling of bravery that can only be felt by a young child.

Take the kid. Reassure that child you're right there with them. If the child feels safe with you, they can enjoy the thrill that much more.

I'm... gonna call my dad.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X