Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

annual pass revocation/payment question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] annual pass revocation/payment question

    I had an incident of underage drinking at DCA (which Im probably going to fight because it was one sip and we fully cooperated.) and I had my AP taken away. I've tried calling the AP hotline to get information but they're incredibly slow. It's been a month since the incident and I looked at my bank statement a few days ago and I was still getting charged the monthly 40 dollars even though I can't even go into the parks! I don't have that kind of money just laying around(especially since my pass doesn't expire till September). Can I suspend making payments since my pass is suspended anyway?


  • #2
    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

    Read the terms of the contract you signed when you bought your AP.

    I am going to guess that even though you are banned from the parks for violating park rules you are still obligated to the contract you are in to purchase the AP.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

      I have to agree with Mortgageman; check out the terms of the contract for details. Sucks that you got your pass revoked, but thems the breaks.
      <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

      I AM THE REBEL SPY.


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

        I bought my pass outright. I wouldn't expect to get a refund if it was revoked for breaking the rules. Actions have consequences.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

          You were in the wrong. Now you have to pay the price. Sorry.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

            From what I know, you pay for your pass until it expires while it is suspended and when you get your pass back, you can use it for the remaining months of your pass before it expired.
            I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
            - From "Prep And Landing"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

              Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
              I bought my pass outright. I wouldn't expect to get a refund if it was revoked for breaking the rules. Actions have consequences.

              Yes and

              Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              You were in the wrong. Now you have to pay the price. Sorry.

              Yes.

              Underage drinking for businesses that sell drinks is no joke. Did they give you a time frame as to when you might get it back?

              And I wonder, a general question. If one gets their AP taken away, is that the same as getting banned from the parks? Or can OP buy a ticket and still get in, just not with her AP. Just curious.
              Last edited by clara; 03-01-2013, 03:27 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                When you buy an Annual Pass on the monthly payment plan you are signing a credit contract. The pass is paid in full when you buy it. You now have a 12-month installment credit account with Disney that you are paying off. If you stop payments, you violate the terms of your credit agreement. This will affect your credit and Disney could submit the account for collections.

                As others have said, you violated the rules of the pass (as well as the law). Whether it is one sip or a whole cup. Now you have to live with the consequences. I know it is painful to hear. But kudos to Disney for taking a step to curb underage drinking.




                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                  Many folks get confused as to what is happening when they contract for an AP with installment payments.

                  It is not a month to month use agreement. You have purchased the product and are obligated to pay for it, Disney is simply allowing payments to be made over time for your convenience.

                  As another poster mentioned, whether you purchased with one payment or multiple payments doesn't matter...you purchased it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                    Originally posted by CourtneyDax View Post
                    I had an incident of underage drinking at DCA (which Im probably going to fight because it was one sip and we fully cooperated.) and I had my AP taken away. I've tried calling the AP hotline to get information but they're incredibly slow. It's been a month since the incident and I looked at my bank statement a few days ago and I was still getting charged the monthly 40 dollars even though I can't even go into the parks! I don't have that kind of money just laying around(especially since my pass doesn't expire till September). Can I suspend making payments since my pass is suspended anyway?
                    unfortunately no. you signed the contract by which you stated that you would make the payments every month as intended. They will not give you are AP back, and you will not be allowed back to the parks for probably years, worst case scenario.

                    You can pay the rest of the balance off at anytime on your pass and be done with it, but they will not suspend the payments.
                    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                      o btw you can try and fight the underage drinking,but law is law and you were in public and you are underage,so chances are one sip is gonna cost ya and if you have to go to court you probably will get convicted.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                        Pay up and take it as a lesson learned. Sorry!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                          Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                          You were in the wrong. Now you have to pay the price. Sorry.
                          yeah... what they said. personally I would prefer it if DCA had a no drinking policy too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                            Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                            o btw you can try and fight the underage drinking,but law is law and you were in public and you are underage,so chances are one sip is gonna cost ya and if you have to go to court you probably will get convicted.

                            what she said too!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: annual pass revocation/payment question

                              Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
                              unfortunately no. you signed the contract by which you stated that you would make the payments every month as intended. They will not give you are AP back, and you will not be allowed back to the parks for probably years, worst case scenario.

                              You can pay the rest of the balance off at anytime on your pass and be done with it, but they will not suspend the payments.
                              actually i bet you could come in the parks if you paid at the gate.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X