No announcement yet.

Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives

We just trekked up to Simi Valley, CA to catch the D23 collection and it was well worth it! The exhibit was absolutely amazing, featuring treasures like the books used to open Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, and Cinderella, Mary Poppins' costume, Tron gear, an Alice in Wonderland spread... just about anything you can think of. I just spent the last few hours blogging about it : )

So, I have a few questions:
    Have any of y'all gone?
    If so, did you have a hard time not jumping the wall into Walt's office?
    Was that office his 'formal' office?

Re: Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives

It sounds like you were very lucky to see such wonderful things.

I have seen recreations of Walt's office before and I guess I am too much in awe to even think about touching His stuff!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

I did get there! His office has an alarm on it... jumping in is strongly discouraged! I especially loved the miniatures and the costumes. Plus, they have Maleficent's first head from Fantasmic! I've got the pictures posted on Flickr (along with the ones from the Reagan part of the library)-
      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I went last August and it was awesome. Not only was it great because it told a lot about Disney history, but it was at the Reagan which is one of my favorite museums. I try to get there every time they change the exhibit in their floating gallery.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.