This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WHat to do with captain EO

Okay lets face it this Tommorwland overhaul cant come fast enough and everyone on micechat can agree on that! we all have different ideas of what should and should not be done. I know someone will mention something about the people mover during this thread but anyway, I was never a big fan of Captain EO but some people were and that's fine but it was only supposed to be here for a short time.....its been 3 years,ok it had a cute little run! I think its time to say goodbye. Micheal R.I.P. plus Captain EO has nothing to do with "tommorow". Anyway what do you guys think we do with this space? another movie? maybe Avatar based or star wars? maybe a motion simulator ride with tons of vehicles in front of a giant screen like in universal studios? on your mark...get set....discuss

Re: WHat to do with captain EO

They could turn it into trash cans.
    sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

Originally posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
      They could turn it into trash cans.
      haha I see what you did there.

Anyways, if they put in a Tron 4D movie I would definitely go see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando Mendez View Post
        plus Captain EO has nothing to do with "tommorow". Anyway what do you guys think we do with this space? another movie? maybe Avatar based or star wars?
        In what way do Avatar and Star Wars have more to do with "tomorrow" than Captain EO?

Comment

I would like to see the theater revert back to an open auditorium for live music and shows. From 1977 to 1986, that area was known as the Space Stage (I think). I have fond memories dancing to the latest disco music back in 1979. Heck, I'd like to see the original speed-ramp restored as well :-)

Comment

If TL gets a full overhaul, I hope it becomes an area for a ride, not another 3D show.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

In all seriousness, I like Captain EO, but I agree it's time for something new. I don't really want to see it replaced by another 3D/4D/whatever-D show; I feel like those type of attractions are kind of played out at this point. I'd rather see them use that space along with some of the backstage space behind Space Mountain to put a new attraction in.

I would like to see a really neat original attraction themed around time travel, but more realistically something TRON or Marvel could be fun.
              sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

Originally posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
                In what way do Avatar and Star Wars have more to do with "tomorrow" than Captain EO?
                Because captain EO was filmed years ago and it is really outdated.....Avatar and star wars aren't but i would most like to see an attraction come out of this

Comment

hopefully it would be better to put in a new ride in instead of EO sitting there aging and not getting anyone in for attendance...

Wonder if its been empty like it was 2 years ago when i took this pic?
                  My Art site
                  http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
                    hopefully it would be better to put in a new ride in instead of EO sitting there aging and not getting anyone in for attendance...
                    While I agree, EO, at least from my experiencing, has been drawing decent to good attendance (at least during the summer when I usually get to visit). At the very least it's playing to far more people than H,IStA did in its last several years.
                    sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

I think bringing back Captain EO to celebrate Michael Jackson upon his passing was a nice thing to do. However, it's been running for a while now, so I'd like to see something new replace it. The big question is: what will replace it? DL/DCA just got a lot of stuff: Mermaid, Star Tours, Carsland, lots of rework of DCA, and now this nice meet and greet. I think Disney might take a break and start cleaning up what's already in the park before adding more new stuff. We got a lot of stuff.

Comment

What to do with Captain EO
                        Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-14-2013, 03:45 AM.
                        MY SIGNATURE:
                        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

maybe they could turn that theatre into a ride based on the future of tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                            maybe they could turn that theatre into a ride based on the future of tomorrow.
                            To go old school, you could do a carousel of progress updated in DL.

Comment

lol yeah.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X