Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the chances DCA changes theme again from Goofys Flight school to "Planes"?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What are the chances DCA changes theme again from Goofys Flight school to "Planes"?

Now that Disneys next movie is Planes do you think they might consider this or no. Would definitely make the line longer. Not that it needs to be
    Last edited by Nemo123; 03-17-2013, 08:35 PM.

Re: What are the chances DCA changes theme again from Goofys Flight school to "Planes

Hopefully none. Goofy's Sky School is imperfect, but I would much prefer a mediocre Goofy themed coaster to a mediocre coaster themed after what's almost certain to be a complete mess of a movie. After all, we're not really talking about Pixar here; Planes is from DisneyToon Studios, otherwise known as the wonderful geniuses who gave us a decade+ of awful direct to video sequels of Disney classics (and not-so-classics).

Besides, thematically if Planes belongs anywhere in the park (please god, no) it'd be in Cars Land, because they occupy the same fictional universe.

Also, the fact that Goofy's Sky School just opened a couple years ago, *another* re-theme seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Illusion0fLife; 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM.
    sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

Re: What are the chances DCA changes theme again from Goofys Flight school to "Planes

Personally, I think Planes is going to fail.

Even if it's successful, I don't think it's going to be so popular that it would warrant a remodel of an attraction.
      DisneyTwins
      Since May 2003

Comment

oh my bad I didnt know it wasnt Pixar

Comment

shhh....don't put any ideas in their heads.

Comment

I never watch Disney's documentary movies. Not that I have anything against them doing it. I just don't care for those kind of movies. Lol to make it fun, they should've used Goofy in the movies like those old Goofy episodes when the commentary guy was teaching Goofy new things.

Comment

Isn't the movie being produced by John Lassiter and directed by Klay hall which has worked on Simpsons, king of the hill and tinker Bell movie?

the movie might not be a big budget movie but somebody actually felt it was good enough to change it from a direct to video movie to a theatrical release. if I remember correctly Pixar/Disney did the same thing with toy story 2.

I have not seen much about the movie but it will be interesting if the movie ends up being better than we think and getting a decent box office
              Last edited by Baloo; 03-17-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I don't think they would re theme goofy's sky school to planes because it just came up from a long refurb when they transform it to sky school. And I do agree with everybody, I think "Planes" will fail.

Comment

I think pretty low. I can't imagine Disney spending more money retheming an attraction they already rethemed. Also, isn't Planes a direct-to-DVD movie? I can't imagine it becoming super popular to justify an attraction for it.
                  My Adventure Blog

flickr

Comment

absolute zero.

Comment

If they could just add some sound to the actual ride, I would be happy. As it is, the ride was boring to me.

Comment

Re theme Dumbo

Comment

This is all Sky school needs: Encase that entire monstrosity in a PP theme appropriate building, add silly music, and pump it full of fog. Done.
                          In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

A "Planes" retheme won't happen, and personally I think the movie is going to tank.

Comment

Don't think they will. they will demolish it before they retheme it. They rethemed it to remove the hoip and edgy theme from the ride. It fits in to the theme of classic Disney characters
                              The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X