X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DLH or DGC - which one?

**i am posting here since this forum gets more views**

If you could stay at either the Disneyland Hotel or Grand California, which one would you chose and why? Based on a standard room, pls!

I am trying to decide on which one to stay at for our next trip!
    One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Re: DLH or DGC - which one?

Both hotels are great, if I had a choice I'd probably go with Grand Californian since it has the convenience to the parks and the better views, but Disneyland Hotel is also a great choice.
    sigpic@Illusion0fLife

Comment

we are two adults and a two year old -- this is our last trip to Disneyland before our APs expire!

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Comment

Grand Californian. There is a $200/night price difference though in room rates. To me, worth it because you can get back to the hotel much more conveniently, has private entrance to DCA, better views, better amenities, etc.
        Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
        World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
        My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
        My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
        My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
        My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
        My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
        My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
        My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
        My October, 2011 Trip Report
        My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

I would say the DLH. If its a standard room it will be the same just a different theme. The DLH has more of that Disney magic to it. You can choose form three different styles like the fantasy hotel ,adventure and frontier . I had never stayed at the other one but I had seen the rooms they are nice but I would say go with DLH. PLUS GOOFY KITCHEN IS THERE TOO

Comment

I've never stayed at DLH, but we stayed at GCH a few times. IME, GCH appears to be close to the parks, but we always end up with a room ridiculously far from the elevators, and no closer than a room on Harbor.

I'd probably stay at DLH.

Comment

GCH by far. Stayed there twice and will again and again. It's worth the price.

Comment

Can I get in thru the Grand California entrance with a room key from DLH?

Comment

I think I speak for a lot of members, when I say, we want to convince you to stay at the Paradise Pier.

Comment

Sorry - not going to stay at PP this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Dec2009Mama View Post
                      Can I get in thru the Grand California entrance with a room key from DLH?
                      Yes, it is for all resort guests, not just GCH
                      Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by Dec2009Mama View Post
                        Sorry - not going to stay at PP this trip.
                        Got it, one room at the Paradise Pier, your Gray Line bus tickets will be waiting for you at the airport.

Comment

If you can afford either one and want to fork out a little bit more I would go for Grand Californian. I've only walked through the lobby to get into DCA and loved it.
                          Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                            Grand Californian. There is a $200/night price difference though in room rates. To me, worth it because you can get back to the hotel much more conveniently, has private entrance to DCA, better views, better amenities, etc.
                            I agree 100% with this. Just make sure to request a room off the lobby so you won't need to deal with some of their mile long corridors.

]

Comment

I think that children really love DLH! It's got a super "Disney" atmosphere that keeps me coming back...GCH is beautiful, but I don't feel like I'm at a DL resort there. Don't get me wrong, it's great! But I like to feel that special Disney magic...it's very different from DLH.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X