Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Rainy Days: What will be closed/open?

I'm thinking it would be fun to go to DL this week in the rain. Who knows, maybe I'll even wear my Splash Mountain poncho all day haha. I am curious though, how much do they have to shut down when it's really raining?
    If you remember spending a day there in the rain, what was business as usual and what was different?
    I could imagine even the street vendors would have to close up shop?
    Thanks so much, this is interesting. I can't believe I never considered it before!

Re: Rainy Days: What will be closed/open?

I love going in the rain! Most rides that pop outside or mostly taken place outside are closed. Such as: Alice in Wonderland, mad tea party, gadgets go coaster, Tom Sawyer island, storybook land, etc.

There's this great coffee shop on Main Street (called the Market House) that you can get free refills all day if you keep the receipt... Great for a rainy day

I remember going on the Ferris wheel in California Adventure and while on the swinging gondola, the water on the top drenched my friend and me while the gondola was at its peak of swinging!

Oh the best part? Little crowd

Comment

Amazing thanks so much! That's a great tip about the coffee!

Comment

Actually I believe the Market House is being transformed into a Starbucks so no more coffee deal.

http://www.facebook.com/DisneylandGirlsPage

Comment

Originally posted by numberfour View Post
          Actually I believe the Market House is being transformed into a Starbucks so no more coffee deal.
          I really hope this isn't true...

Comment

It is true, and it's still closed for the renovation, so no coffee there at all right now.
            Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

Such as shame Usually outside franchises are rarely existent inside the park... except those awesome mcdonalds fries a long time ago! Kinda loses a little charm knowing Starbucks will stand in the middle of a turn-of-the-century town.

Comment

When it rains, you have a good chance to do a real meet and greet with the Jedi Training Academy cast, instead of just watching them. Photos with Vader and Maul and stuff.
                Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
                Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
                Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
                Neverland since 1996.
                ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

Originally posted by Kukaelio'ono View Post
                  Such as shame Usually outside franchises are rarely existent inside the park... except those awesome mcdonalds fries a long time ago! Kinda loses a little charm knowing Starbucks will stand in the middle of a turn-of-the-century town.
                  Back in the day outside franchises were quite frequent. Wow much so I would say it was the rule rather than the exception. As a matter of fact the park back in the old days probably couldn't even operate fully if it weren't for these outside companies. What you see today is something very different from the way things started out.

Comment

Very interesting! Come to think of it, the pirate ship in fantasyland was sponsored by chicken of the sea, correct? Still, I'd much rather have the old Market House than a Starbucks, but that's just me of course.

Comment

It's still going to be the Market House except it will serve coffee from Starbucks.
                      Always read the fine print.

Comment

Originally posted by BugSam101 View Post
                        It's still going to be the Market House except it will serve coffee from Starbucks.
                        Yep, just like the pig cafe in DCA. It's not like there is going to be a big Starbucks sign on Main Street to ruin the view
                        Follow me on Instagram: @disneylovingnurse :ap:

Comment

One attraction that always closes on rainy days is Radiator Springs Racers, I also think Goofy's Sky School closes on rainy days as well.
                          Visits to the Disneyland Resort on current Annual Pass: 23... Times Performed at the DLR: 2
                          Next predicted visit to the Disneyland Resort: ???
                          :ap:
                          Proud Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Passholder :ap:
                          :meet:
                          Number of Fantasmic Showings watched: 4 :meet:

Comment

Also, I'd like to add that the water rides, such as Splash and Grizzly, are generally open on rainy days (unless severe thunder storming I believe). Little to no lines are present! I'd bring a poncho just in case because they're still great fun

Comment

I went to Disneyland once in 2007 when it was pouring! Parts of the park were flooded, and when we walked through Adventure Land, the water level was past our ankles (I wished I had an extra pair of socks that day).

I loved the Jungle Cruise in the rain, however whenever the boat made a turn, all the rain that had accumulated on the top of the tarp came rushing into the boat. I was lucky that the wall of water wasn't falling on me.
                              Disneyland Blog Posts: http://findingmyinnerbombshell.com/tag/disneyland/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X