Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

    I LOVE the Red Car Trolleys in the new DCA. They are a wonderful system of transportation around the park that doesn't take you out of the setting, like the Disneyland Railroad. For quite some time now, I have been thinking that the Red Car Trolleys would be a perfect answer for the railroad. I think (I don't know railroad/trolley design, so I'm not at all sure how plausible this is) The trolley could have a T intersection in Carthay Circle (not an actual "T" of course) and continue along the parade route (in front of Cars Land, Pacific Wharf) and end in another circle at the entrance of Paradise Pier, adding to the roundabout plaza thing that's already there. I used to shoot this idea down because of the parade filing through that area, but the parade follows a section of the trolley route anyway. I think it would be cool. Thoughts?

  • #2
    Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

    As much as I want to have an expanded the trolley line, I just don't see this working. There just isn't enough room.

    Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

      Originally posted by Design View Post
      I LOVE the Red Car Trolleys in the new DCA. They are a wonderful system of transportation around the park that doesn't take you out of the setting, like the Disneyland Railroad. For quite some time now, I have been thinking that the Red Car Trolleys would be a perfect answer for the railroad. I think (I don't know railroad/trolley design, so I'm not at all sure how plausible this is) The trolley could have a T intersection in Carthay Circle (not an actual "T" of course) and continue along the parade route (in front of Cars Land, Pacific Wharf) and end in another circle at the entrance of Paradise Pier, adding to the roundabout plaza thing that's already there. I used to shoot this idea down because of the parade filing through that area, but the parade follows a section of the trolley route anyway. I think it would be cool. Thoughts?
      It would be sort of hard, but DCA has plenty of backstage room on the east side where it could avoid high traffic areas. Some tunnels and dioramas would help hide the outside too.
      In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

        I love the Trolley cars too! Easily one of the best additions to DCA and just brings another level to BVS and HL! I always had the same idea as you, at least one additional route along the parade route stopping near TLM in PP. And it could have one stop in front of CL and ABL area.

        But yeah the main problem is probably they would have add the overhead wires and that might take away the natural space of the route. The wires works GREAT in HL and BVS and I think most people dont even notice them now since everyone is use to it being there, but in that section it may be harder to accept for some.

        However I would love the idea and give DCA a bit more kinetic energy watching the trolly hit different areas of the park.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

          Originally posted by WorldDisney View Post
          ...the main problem is probably they would have add the overhead wires and that might take away the natural space of the route. The wires works GREAT in HL and BVS and I think most people dont even notice them now since everyone is use to it being there, but in that section it may be harder to accept for some....
          You know that the overhead wires are purely there for aesthetic and serve no purpose in operating the trolley, right?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

            Great posts! Keep the ideas flowing

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

              Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
              It would be sort of hard, but DCA has plenty of backstage room on the east side where it could avoid high traffic areas. Some tunnels and dioramas would help hide the outside too.
              Not quite sure where you're going with this one, lol.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                Originally posted by Design View Post
                Not quite sure where you're going with this one, lol.
                Do it the way the DLRR goes back stage. Tunnels and the grand canyon diorama and the primeval world block your view to backstage areas.
                In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                  Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
                  Do it the way the DLRR goes back stage. Tunnels and the grand canyon diorama and the primeval world block your view to backstage areas.
                  :blink:... But it's a trolley... That would be weird and wouldn't make any sense... Trolleys don't go through tunnels, trees, or the Grand Canyon. They reside on thoroughfares. Are you trolley trolling me?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                    The trolley my not be the answer because the parade route is very long and it would be out of theme for most part. But there does need to be more transportation in park. ...Maybe, for the first part fix the Trolley in Toontown
                    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                      Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post
                      The trolley my not be the answer because the parade route is very long and it would be out of theme for most part. But there does need to be more transportation in park. ...Maybe, for the first part fix the Trolley in Toontown
                      The trolley wouldn't be 100% in theme with the areas it would cover, but it wouldn't be a major contradiction with those areas either. I think the fact that a steam train runs through a place of tomorrow is a bigger theming error than the error that would be caused by the trolleys.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                        I'm not a big fan of it going down the parade route. It would pass through too many inconsistent themed areas. I would love to see a SF style cable car start near Gheradelli's and run through the Wharf, over an improved bridge and then pass through the north side of PP and end all the way near the Silly Symphony Swings. That would help unite the Nor Cal feel of that half of the park.

                        If I could do anything I wanted I would take of Bug's Land eventually and put a Chinatown Land there and in the remaining parking lot. Then I would add a tunnel under Route 66 and expand both lines to meet in the middle of China Town. Once that was complete you'd have a route through the whole park, but you'd have to transfer from a Red Car to a Cable Car in the Chinatown area.
                        The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                        -Walt Disney

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                          Originally posted by Design View Post
                          You know that the overhead wires are purely there for aesthetic and serve no purpose in operating the trolley, right?
                          LOL, yeah we all know that, but there is something about maintaining consistency with your theme. If you have wires in BVS and HL but suddenly its not included for the rest of the route it would destroy the image they built so hard creating in the first place.

                          So sadly I dont ever seeing it happening, but I would love to see it done if they did do it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                            Originally posted by WorldDisney View Post
                            LOL, yeah we all know that, but there is something about maintaining consistency with your theme. If you have wires in BVS and HL but suddenly its not included for the rest of the route it would destroy the image they built so hard creating in the first place.

                            So sadly I dont ever seeing it happening, but I would love to see it done if they did do it.
                            I don't think they would not not put wires with the rest of the track. What if... They ran a trolly down and around from BVS through Pacific Wharf and than through a diorama through the current parade building, splitting the track having a "historic" diorama on each side pulling up to a Paradise Pier stop. The split would have a wall down each side so each way would have a different image. The part up to PW/Carsland Gate would be CM control guide like it is now and than be computer guided until the raised platform in PP. Its a idea that just came to me.
                            Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                            http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I Dream of Trolley: My Little Dream for the Red Cars...

                              Originally posted by Design View Post
                              :blink:... But it's a trolley... That would be weird and wouldn't make any sense... Trolleys don't go through tunnels, trees, or the Grand Canyon. They reside on thoroughfares. Are you trolley trolling me?
                              Bahahaha


                              Hike the Corralitas Rail Path Through Silver Lake and Echo Park, Where Red Cars Used to Roam - Urban Hikes - Curbed LA

                              http://la.curbed.com/uploads/2011_07_1906map3.jpg

                              Actually there was the OLD SUBWAY TUNNEL from Downtown to Echo Park, the Corralitas Rail Path through Elysian Park and Silverlake. They went up to Mt Baldy and out to the sea.

                              But the point of having them at DCA is not to provide mass transit, it's to have them out and adding kinetic energy, color and a touch of Disney to DCA.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X