This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Remembering Light Magic at Disneyland

For all you Light Magic Fans!, heres a rare video of the Creative Team that created Light Magic, yes we know it wasn't as popular as other Disneyland parades, it had its moments and people either loved it or hated it. Remember this was 1997 and the Main Street Electrical Parade had ended its run in 1996 (of course that would make people angry!) I've also got a hold of some rare Rehearsal Footage,(which has never been seen) which i will be posting later on Enjoy!

Re: Remembering Light Magic at Disneyland

Cool video, can't wait to see the rehearsal footage.

Comment

I wonder what happen to the floats?
      Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
      http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Thanks for sharing. It was always going to be struggle when it had to be compete with the MSELP.
        The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Comment

That was fun to watch. I like seeing the parade come together. Thanks!
          ​ Yes

Comment

Sigh, Light Magic videos always make me sad. It was such a massive undertaking with monumental potential, but in the end was just a total mess. It's a real shame too, because the floats were amazing and I absolutely loved the music. I don't think we ever got a definitive answer on what they did with the floats. Those things were very large, heavy, and expensive. Not like they just threw them in the dumpster.

Comment

Neat video. Add me to the list of those who loved the music. Wouldn't it be great if it was added to a album for Disneyland's 60th (a sort of sequel to A Musical History).
              sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
              Walt Disney

Comment

Is any of the fiber optics that was installed along the parade route still remaining?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRed2000 View Post
                  Is any of the fiber optics that was installed along the parade route still remaining?
                  That's a good question because in the video they showed them installing a lot along MS and that would be cool to do something with it like maybe along GwS
                  Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

The floats probably got stripped down to a bare chassis and recycled as something else - Disney's real good at that. The float chassis are durable equipment that they probably have to depreciate down over 6 to 10 years minimum.

That's why Rocket Rods didn't just go away after they immediately started having huge troubles with it, The Accountineers wouldn't let them.

They kept pressing on over three years getting it working and open in fits and starts before they were finally allowed to shut it down 'for good' and take down the signs. And even then it was left in official Limbo for another year or two before they removed and scrapped the vehicles and dismantled the control systems and the service area.

As to the Fiber Optics on Main Street, it's either been painted over (abandoned in place) or removed. They wove it into all the fabric awnings, and those have to be replaced every few years from normal weathering. And they made a lot of holes in the trim wood and some fiberglass replicas of the woodwork, like round medallions that got totally studded with the Tinkerbell motion pieces in fiber, but a lot of that would be changed out as it started looking bad.

--<< Bruce >>--
                    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I still have my Light Magic T shirt hanging in my closet and can still watch Light Magic on my VCR in fabulous VHS.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X