Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Alice: Three Years Later...

So we're coming up on the third anniversary of the Alice in Wonderland tarp covering -- heartbreaking.

Though we've heard rumors of fixes planned, parts ordered and work pending for about a year, still nothing happening. With Tony gone, I start to worry if anyone is looking after the classics.

What's the Summer 2013 word from inside Imagineering or the park on the Alice safety rail fixes?

Re: Alice: Three Years Later...

The design for the new railing has been complete for a while now. Disneyland Operations just needs to decide on a time to take the attraction down. It's consistently one of the most popular attractions in Fantasyland and Ops has been very hesitant about taking it down for the time needed to complete the railings.

My guess is that it will happen within the year. With the Matterhorn down last year and Big Thunder down this year, they've been really hesitant to take down popular dark rides because they need all the capacity they can get. But the date has been shifted so many times that its hard to tell anymore.

Comment

But it's so much safer now.

Comment

Glad that it was operational through those years.
        I'll take a large Tea Cup with a side of Casey Jr. And when will all the construction finally end?

)):smart:
        :smart::geek::geek::wave::wave:

Comment

Originally posted by David Mercury View Post
          But it's so much safer now.
          Yes, it is. Too bad Disney doesn't know how to to make safety and creativity go hand and hand.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

What a bummer that it's still not finished. I just assumed it was extremely temporary. Sure looked like it was meant to be a quick job at one time.

Comment

Holy cow doesnt seem like that was three years ago.
              WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

Comment

Originally posted by Wedcot View Post
                Holy cow doesnt seem like that was three years ago.
                That's what is amazing to me. Imagine if this were an E ticket.
                Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                  The design for the new railing has been complete for a while now.
                  Correct, I do remember being shown a bit of artwork of the rails years ago. I thought they looked great, like part of the attraction.

Comment

Ughh the railings suck! I like the feeling of possibly going off the edge and then abruptly turning away and returning to safety. Darn you OSHA!!

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I just asked about it yesterday actually when I was at the park. :-P

It's not going to happen during the 'Monsterous summer' and probably not until Big Thunder is up and running again. They could do it during the september off peak season imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                        Ughh the railings suck! I like the feeling of possibly going off the edge and then abruptly turning away and returning to safety. Darn you OSHA!!
                        Government agencies aren't in charge of design This is Disney cutting corners in a halfass attempt at compliance with safety codes.
                        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                          Government agencies aren't in charge of design This is Disney cutting corners in a halfass attempt at compliance with safety codes.
                          No but they are the reason we have safety rails now. When you're in a pinch and need to get up safety rails ASAP to comply, I'm sure the last thing on anyones mind is how amazing they're going to look.

Facebook me!
                          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

No but they are the reason we have safety rails now. When you're in a pinch and need to get up safety rails ASAP to comply, I'm sure the last thing on anyones mind is how amazing they're going to look.
                            I thought Disney put them on Voluntarily. Couldn't the ride just like Space Mountain catwalks could have been grandfathered in. But instead Disney decided to meet new codes?
                            Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X