Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05/19/2013 - 05/22/2013... My DLR trip with my 3 girls.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 05/19/2013 - 05/22/2013... My DLR trip with my 3 girls.

First... start with the cast of characters...
    A: the lovely mother of my 3 girls.
    KEW: 6.5..Disney veteran supreme
    CEW: Turned 4 yesterday... she is jazzed to get a Disney trip for her Bday vs. for KEW's like
    normal.
    VEW: 8 months... LOVING IT!!

05/19/2013....05:17..
    Delayed departure (by 77 mintues!!!) - All 3 girls awake, happy and excited.

Leaving Phoenix on the 10..

05/19/2013....06:45....
    CEW: "We are far away from home, but I don't see Disneyland anywhere!" Snacks have started.
    Forgot girl's water bottles - DOH!!
    VEW is the only kid sleeping.

05/19/2013....07:19....
    Gas up and bathroom break at Exit 5 complete (the last full-service exit before kali-country..) Sport-topped water bottles purchased and back on the road. All three girls awake and not angry... next stop.... Cali border fruit checkpoint.

05/19/2013....07:52....
    Activities called into action. VEW won't take formula or water bottle and is NOT a happy baby.

05/19/2013....08:42....
    Pit Stop in middle of nowhere for KEW to get sick (throwing up into a cup). Changed CEW/KEW's
    clothes, fed and changed VEW. Back on road after what seemed like an eternity.

05/19/2013....09:05....
    KEW asleep. Wind farms in view

05/19/2013....10:17....
    30 miles away and stuck in gridlock traffic
    All 3 kids FINALLY asleep.

05/19/2013....10:18....
    Found English language radio station - SINATRA!!! 88.1 KJAZZ

05/19/2013....10:32....
    Nearly there!!!

05/19/2013....11:55....
    In queue for Pirates after grabbing Indiana Jones Fast pass.

What I wouldn't give to get in here.....

There was some sort of scavenger hunt going on, lots of teams were seen.... they seemed fixated on this map...

05/19/2013....12:35....
    Haunted Mansion Queue looked longer than the 10 minutes quoted by mousewait... Decided not to chance it as our FP return times were 12:35 - 13:35.. got kids frozen lemonades, and a snack pack thing... A and I split a clam chowder bread bowl... let the kids feed some of it to the Disney
    ducks.

05/19/2013....12:57....
    With lunch finished, and not wanting to push our luck, we headed to Indy to use the fast pass..
    KEW LOVED it. Other than the opening where you aren't supposed to look into the diety's eyes,
    she was excited and grinning EAR TO EAR... she was tall enough to ride this last trip, but the CM
    working the like refused to let her in even though she was touching the bottom of the height
    marker... they even made her stand in again, and she's over California Screaming tall now... I
    must say, they really smoothed the ride out. It was AWESOME. I didn't even remember it being
    this awesome, and so smooth. Was really jerky in 2011 last time I rode it. We were up front, and
    I was the one driving!!

On the way back to Haunted Mansion, stopped here for a pic. Most of you probably get the
    significance, but park goers were looking at us strangely...

05/19/2013....13:35....
    In queue for Haunted Mansion. KEW is complaining her stomach is hurting again... going to be the last ride for a bit. I took VEW, and CEW and KEW rode with A. KEW was super afraid for some reason... the thinks the lyrics say "Tear your eyes" instead of "terrorize", and she's never been when it was traditional HM vs. Nightmare before Christmas version...Afterwards, she was LOVING it. VEW fell asleep on the ride in my arms. We double timed it back to the hotel as our room was ready when we were having lunch. A nice early room...

05/19/2013....14:00....
    In the room. Courtyard view. (144x room) Never had this view before. The monorail zooms by
    every 5 mins or so. Kind of a trek and have to use lobby elevators, so I hope the morning goes
    smoothly. KEW is in the bunk bed resting. Out on the balcony with a cold Hop Knot IPA from AZ...

Last edited by whoever; 05-28-2013, 06:57 AM.
    Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
    World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
    My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
    My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
    My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
    My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
    My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
    My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
    My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
    My October, 2011 Trip Report
    My October, 2010 Trip Report

Re: 05/19/2013 - 05/22/2013... My DLR trip with my 3 girls.

Fun! And great pictures!! I hope your daughter turned out to be alright.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I'm slightly ashamed to say I don't know the significance of the 1764 photo - please enlighten me!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
      KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

Looks like you guys had fun!
        Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Today was our first day too!

I didn't take any pix... I was going to & forgot!

Nice TR.

Comment

great pictures....i always loved those windmills off the 10 freeway....nearby are the cabazon dinosaurs that were used in Pee Wee Herman and the Wizard....

i hope your daughter feels better....

since i know you are a haunted mansion fan, disney recently released pretty cool haunted mansion items for sale in Disney Clothiers, Ltd. and China Closet (Disneyland park off main street) and Trolley Treats (Disney California Adventure Park)
            ....they have a plaque picture frame, gargoyle candelabras, among other cool items...here is a website with pictures..some items may not be there cause they always sell out

Nine New Chilling, Thrilling Haunted Mansion Merchandise Items from Disney Parks « Disney Parks Blog

i was planning to go to disneyland on sunday after i went to renfair, but stayed home due to being sick....

hope you guys have a great time!!!

Originally posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
            I'm slightly ashamed to say I don't know the significance of the 1764 photo - please enlighten me!
            information regarding 1764 written by fellow member HBG2....

definitely a great read
            Long-Forgotten: Jean Lafitte and the "Mega-Theme" Temptation
            Last edited by EvilRocketeer; 05-20-2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Great pics and TR!
              For the love of Disney....:yea:

Comment

Waiting to read about the rest of your trip.

Your description of our fair state made me laugh and laugh. We have often referred to California as "the People's Republic of California", and we hate the agricultural checks a lot. (It's more annoying when you have an RV and are grilled a lot about what you may have in the fridge. I know better and we have often eaten the last piece of fruit just before we get to Yuma or Needles!)

LOVED your description about Club 33, and read it aloud to my husband. That's one place he'd like to go someday, but we don't know anyone who could get us in. So sad about the window and the drunks, to mar your experience.

Donna
                1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
                1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
                1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
                2007 - DLR (single day)
                2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
                2012 - WDW (PopC)
                2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

Comment

Originally posted by teacherlady19 View Post
                  LOVED your description about Club 33, and read it aloud to my husband. That's one place he'd like to go someday, but we don't know anyone who could get us in. So sad about the window and the drunks, to mar your experience.

Donna
                  Yes. I would have been a bit upset about that. How inconsiderate of them. I really hope their sponsor got the "What for".
                  Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
                  Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
                  Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
                  Neverland since 1996.
                  ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRocketeer View Post
                    information regarding 1764 written by fellow member HBG2....

definitely a great read
                    Long-Forgotten: Jean Lafitte and the "Mega-Theme" Temptation
                    Thank you!! I'm going to read it right now!

whoever - looking forward to your photos!! I'm really sorry to hear you had disruptive people at Club 33. I wonder (and hope) if the member will receive feedback on that, and I'm kind of surprised they weren't told to leave.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
                    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

I'm enjoying your trip report and look forward to more pictures! It is always fun to see a fellow AZ Micechatter trip report. But one things concerns me - it seems like A is getting a lot less ride time than you are! Especially on bigger rides. I hope that is okay with A!

Comment

05/21/2013....07:35..
                        Stuck at bag check. Only 2 checking lines open… lines are easily 150 deep…. They aren’t letting anybody through yet.
                        05/21/2013....07:39..
                        They opened up 2 more lines… we jumped over to them when they appeared to be starting to move the barriers… still not letting anybody in.
                        05/21/2013....07:43..
                        At the DL gates… 11 people in front of us for this gate. The family selected to do the countdown to park open was from Montana.
                        05/21/2013....07:49..
                        Waiting at the hub for rope drop. The skies are gray and it looks like rain. Would be a welcome relief after yesterday, and more what we are used to on our Disney trips. The crowd is solid back to Market House.

05/21/2013....08:00..
                        In line for Peter Pan

05/21/2013....08:24..
                        After a whirlwind of Peter Pan, Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride, King Arthur’s Carousel, we are in line for Dumbo. While waiting, I notice I overlooked Jingles on the Carousel (and I did a complete circle of it looking the first time… I must have been blinded by Disney. Must swing past a second time during the trip and have one of the daughters snag a ride on Jingles. Noticed that only our pinwheel was spinning on Dumbo… weird.

05/21/2013....08:44..
                        In line for Alice. The scaffolds look ugly… Why make Disney do something which apparently worked for the first 50+ years? At any rate… long line for pre-park opening… we JUST made it on the ride in time because up next…..

05/21/2013....09:06..
                        Dropped all the ladies off for a 9:10 Bippity Boppity Boutique makeover (well… for the two oldest daughters that is… we supplied the dresses, one of which A hand made). After that I was off….
                        05/21/2013....09:14..
                        At Main Street Station. Just scored a 15:30 res for the Lilly Belle. This is going to be great!!!

05/21/2013....09:21..
                        Just scored FOUR fast passes for Indy, and jumping on Pirates..Seems it took 20 minutes from the walk-on queue until I got back onto Royal Street. Took some time to get some pics of things I’ve been wanting, and took some measurements of a special something…While I was occupied, the girls got done with their makeovers and got in a Snow White ride.

05/21/2013....10:06..
                        In line for Fantasy Faire. We got to meet Cinderella, Ariel, and Aurora!

05/21/2013....10:23..
                        KEW and I split and headed over to Indy… knocked out the first ride by 10:45… and second ride by 11:03. That’s a ride fast passes really shine on… She had a blast as usual… even in full on Tiana getup… After we got off, connected with A. She and the girls were heading to the Small World area for a Merida meet… KEW and I booked it cross park, and caught up to her by Alice.. The Merida queue had a 35 min wait posted…
                        05/21/2013....11:17..
                        Due to the long Merida wait, we jumped on Small World. Was a good ride… think once is enough per trip of this one, though. Longish ride…. We were literally sitting in the boat for 16 minutes.
                        05/21/2013....11:37..
                        The Merida line seemed to have got better, so we jumped in………. and …. Half way through, Merida goes on break… this isn’t looking good. I jump out and get the family some refreshments in the form of $3 sodas (need to keep the kids blood sugar up or they turn scary..) After some more waiting, Merida returns. Kids were geeked, and KEW drew this in her autograph book, which Merida appreciated…

05/21/2013....12:20..
                        In the queue for tea cups… We all crammed into a purple cup, and I gave it a good spinning… CEW was going crazy with excitement as she LOVES spinning rides (or just being spun I supposed even if it is me doing the spinning).

05/21/2013....12:29..
                        Its HAT time. This trip I was surprised….. KEW went for the Cheshire cat ears, and CEW went for the Ear headband with some flowing princess veil. VEW not having a say as she can’t talk got pink ears with first visit and her name/year embroidered on them.

05/21/2013....12:43..
                        Not to miss a ride on Jingles… we all jumped on the Carousel… KEW got the honor.. she was jazzed about it….. other than saying “Who is Mary Poppins?” I had to tell her that she was the lady who sang about supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. She got it. Kids today..
                        05/21/2013....12:58..
                        Showed up at Blue Bayou for a 13:00 reservation…Had a 5-10 min wait, and did NOT get a water-side table. L I do say, the Louisiana Lemonade I started with was AWESOME. I must find a recipe… The girls were all in melt down mode, so lunch was less than stellar. The food was great though, even when eaten at a fevered pace. A got the Salmon… I finished it for her. It was delectable. I got the strip loin… it was cooked better than the one I got at Carthay. Let that tell you something… the 33 cooks (they do double duty with Blue Bayou from what I’ve heard) can run circles around the Carthay and in theory Napa Rose cooks. KEW got the kids salmon, and CEW got the kids steak (also perfectly cooked Medium Rare). Their gumbo starter was awesome too. I may just have to find some gumbo tomorrow for lunch. Our server was Jessica. She did an admirable job, and our drinks (including my awesome lemonade) were always topped off.
                        05/21/2013....14:37..
                        CEW really wanted to do Storybook Canal Boats or as she REPEATEDLY called it… the Whale ride. We split, and I took her while A took the other two for a snack. She was a hit in line, and I saw one couple eyeing my AWESOME Dole whip shirt with envy. Ride was nice, had a great captain, and a good crew. One mother was lamenting that her child had dropped her D600 body, and she had to revert to a few year old backup for the trip. I felt for her… and snapped away.
                        05/21/2013....14:51..
                        Kids needed some time out of the sun, so we did a walk through of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. Afterwards, we meandered down Main Street, and through most of the stores… stopping to critique the candy…Picked up a Hidden Mickey book in the Emporium… wish we had it at the start of the trip..
                        05/21/2013....15:25..
                        Main Street Station….. Boarding the Lilly Belle. Words cannot describe the awesomeness. Learned a TON of info from our very well versed CM conductor. All about Retlaw1 as it was formerly called. That SantaFe Railroad used to sponsor the Disneyland Rail Road, and that it had a former life as the “Grand Canyon” during said sponsorship. Today, we were pulled by the 5-Train, decked out in Blue. Learned about Emperor Hirohito, and how he loved his first ride, how the benches we were sitting on were from the Queen Mary when she was retrofitted into the floating restaurant, and that the carpet in the car was the last remnant they found in storage of the carpet from Walt’s apartment, and had the hidden Mickey/Minnie pairs… Very cool. Also learned about yesterland attractions such as the Toon Town Station being Videopolis station in the 60s… where you went to get your groove on. Also learned a bunch about the Dioramas… I think he said it was a single piece of un-seamed canvas 332’ long, 40’ high, and painted with 350 gallons of paint, and that it once held (and may still to this day) the dubious honor of world’s largest canvas. I also discovered the number of animals in the diorama (49 if you were wondering) including the armadillo…. Yes… there’s an armadillo… I didn’t get a pic, but I will next time I ride the train. The log book was beyond FULL, and had to get creative on the last page. Not surprising since it had been in use since October of 2012. We were the first entry for days and would be the last entry in that book.
                        05/21/2013....16:15..
                        Back in the room… having some snacks, and changing to go swimming… The main waterslide is down today.. technicians were inspecting it while we were in the pool. They had the small one going for the really young kids. First time in 3 visits that we used the pools… Would love some more time and a working waterslide.

05/21/2013....18:30..
                        Dinner at Golden Horseshoe while we figure out the rest of the evening. While A took the kids in, I sprinted over and back to Splash Mountain, only to find out they had exhausted their Fast Passes…L Oh well… back to dinner..the Fish & Chips were GREAT and the chicken nuggets were pretty good too.

05/21/2013....19:05..
                        We find ourselves waiting for the Mark Twain. I really wanted to knock out a Pilot House Ride, so asked the CM when she showed up as it was pulling up to the dock. Doh… already booked up for the day… inquiries as to how to get said booking were simply responded with “be in the right place at the right time”. Guess this trip won’t make it happen unless we get extremely lucky tomorrow. There was a small group of the Main Street Elite Disney fan club standing at the dock, and I’ll let you guess who ended up in the pilot house that trip. It was a good trip around the rivers of America, albeit cold. Never realized it is roughly a 30 minute unload/board/trip around the island type of ride.
                        05/21/2013....19:45..
                        Half way through the Jungle Cruise queue (definitely wasn’t going to miss it, one of my favorite rides in the park). CEW manages to fall and hurt herself right as a sweeper was coming through the queue. He gave her a sticker, which seemed to help after a bit. I wonder if the reason he was coming through the queue itself was the HORRIBLE state of garbage just strewn on the props/ground/etc. Seems a lot of people really are lazy. I was always taught pack it in, pack it out. More should follow suit and make it a better experience for us all.
                        05/21/2013....20:04..
                        In the Tiki Room queue getting Dole whip. Boy am I in trouble. The whip jerk (I just made up that title, like soda jerk) took off on break, leaving one gal who was training a newbie CM. It was a slow line for both sides being open and a whopping two CMs running the hut. At any rate, got some good pics of the 40% of our party who wore Dole Whip/Adventureland shirts into the park that day. Got a pin for VEW too, for her first Dole Whip experience (she’s a fan). Tiki room was awesome as usual, and CEW was singing up a storm in queue with the birds. She loves the Tiki room song.

05/21/2013....20:35..
                        A took CEW and VEW over to Nemo as CEW LOVES, and I mean LOVES Nemo. KEW and I headed to Splash Mountain. It was walk-on. First trip through I caught a rogue wave after the main drop and my left side was soaked. Now I’m not sure if you’ve seen the previous trip reports, but KEW is a Splash FEIND!!! I mean like 12 times in a row one night addicted, so we’ve got a tradition of getting a pic each time we come. First pic, she had her eyes closed when the flash hit (she does this with flash photography for some reason). So we managed a second run thankfully… very close to closing… this time… PERFECTION!! Arms up, Cheshire Cat ears on, eyes open. It was a great end to a wonderful day. Met up with the rest of the girls at the hub, and made the way back to the hotel. Back in the room by 21:30. Hitting the sack now… last day in park tomorrow… going to be a rough one…
                        Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report
                        World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report
                        My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report
                        My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party
                        My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                        My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club
                        My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report
                        My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report
                        My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report
                        My October, 2011 Trip Report
                        My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Whoever,

Glad there is another Phoenician in the forums.

Loved the comment about Commie Country.

Great trip report. By the time I get to the Katella exit from AZ, my heart rate is usually in a unsafe zone for beating so fast.

Can't believe you scored Club 33 for dinner. I am very envious.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X