Witnessed two pedestrians walking in the tram/shuttle street this evening.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moregumboplease
    Banned User
    • Oct 2012

[Other] Witnessed two pedestrians walking in the tram/shuttle street this evening.

For the first time ever I saw a pedestrian (well, two pedestrians) walking in the street where the trams and shuttles drive to and from the M&F structure to DTD. This took place around 9:35pm this evening, all was fine and dandy on our way back to the M&F structure until our tram came to an unforeseen stop in the road. We stopped just before the left hand turn to enter the structure. I was on the left side of our row, and in the 3rd car back, the driver told the two teenage girls to get on the tram immediately. The two girls were cussing up a storm as they passed by our car, i.e. "where the _____ are we going to sit?!?" amongst other things. I didn't see where they ended up finding a seat, but the CM at the back of the tram alerted the driver that the tram was ready to depart after a couple minutes. Another tram approached us shortly after the CM announced the "all-clear" message. They very easily could have been hit, as that corner is very dark.

The scene was very bizarre, and the two girls did seem to be a little disoriented, possibly UTI? My wife and I were trying to figure out where they entered that street. It appears that there aren't any CM's in the loading area nearest the escalators, perhaps they just walked through the moveable gates that block the loading areas when they aren't in use? When we exited the tram, we saw the two girls waiting to cross over into the Pinnochio and Chip'n'Dale lot, sharing a bottle of Coke, passing it back and forth. Maybe they decided to walk to the resort? We didn't see a CM talking to them or anything of the likes, I'm not sure what they would have done to the two girls though.

Anyhow, just wanted to share this odd experience. Maybe it happens all the time? As an APH, we are at the resorts about 3 times a month or so, and never witnessed this.
  • WildeNight
    Evil is Sexy
    • Oct 2012

Re: Witnessed two pedestrians walking in the tram/shuttle street this evening.

Sounds like it wasn't just coca-cola they were sharing in that bottle...
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

• moregumboplease
      Banned User
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by WildeNight View Post
      Sounds like it wasn't just coca-cola they were sharing in that bottle...
      That is exactly what we were thinking. I don't like to assume things, but they honestly didn't appear to be very coherent.

Comment

• dictionary
        Just A Disney Lover
        • Sep 2011

UTI - Sorry my medical persona took this to a whole different meaning, but ITA sounds like something extra in that coke. They're lucky they didn't get hit.
        Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
        to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2005

The Mickey and Friends Tram route is labeled on the map, so naturally they thought it was one of the attractions. It is, but it's a tram tour of the berm, not a walk thru.

Comment

• calsig31
            -
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
            The Mickey and Friends Tram route is labeled on the map, so naturally they thought it was one of the attractions. It is, but it's a tram tour of the berm, not a walk thru.
            Maybe they thought they were in the fastpass line for the tour.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
              • May 2005

"UTI" took me a moment and made me giggle. Coming from a medical background, UTI means something different than what I'm thinking you meant...
              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• calsig31
                -
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                "UTI" took me a moment and made me giggle. Coming from a medical background, UTI means something different than what I'm thinking you meant...
                That could also explain it: Their urinary tracts were so painfully infected that they wandered deleriously out on to the tram route.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• Druggas
                  Hooterville, USA
                  • Feb 2005

More stoopid people who can't figure the sidewalk function.
                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
                    • May 2005

I'm told a UTI *can* make you a little crazy.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

• Robert Cook
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jun 2008

What about the moon? I bet that over-hyped "supermoon" this weekend caused some people to become super-lunatics.

Kidding aside, I've never seen pedestrians on the tram road personally, but I don't doubt that things like this happen on occasion.

Comment

• alphabassetgrrl
                        • May 2005

Oh, sure, blame that poor beautiful Moon!

Comment

• Tamiele
                          MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2010

UTI is no joke . Just watch The Green Mile.

Comment

• BoygunaSurf
                            Boat shoes all day long
                            • Jan 2006

This occurrence is actually not quite as odd-ball as you may think. Either that, or I am really bad with directions?

When I go to the park, I like to get my run on in the early am (5:30-6:00) to get my paws stretched out for the long day of waltzing. I will usually try and run around the perimeter of the hotels, down through downtown Disney to the hotel shuttle loading area enough times to equal about 10 miles. During this time, I like to take different paths and see what is going on. On more than one occasion, while running through DTD I have veered right and headed up the ramp and road the tram travels on. Most of the time I cruise down the road to the MF lot, continue to the street, and go for a bigger loop. No big deal, right? Wrong! Last fall I attempted this same path, only to be stopped by some old lady and a motorized cart (not affiliated with Disney) telling me to get out of the road. I wasn't in the mood for a confrontation, so I obliged and hopped the little railing and headed towards the Disneyland Hotel.

Looking back on it, not only should I not have been running down that narrow road, but neither should she have been rolling. It is narrow, and also has a pretty blind left turn for oncoming trams heading towards DTD. I totally understand the confusion those two young ladies may experienced, but there is never a need for upsetting language. Now with regards to the Coke; how are people still drinking this stuff?
                            Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X