This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Dumbo's Circusland question

In the 1970s, there was a plan to create Dumbo's Circusland, which was to include a relocated Dumbo ride. That concept never became a reality, of course, but was it intended to be its own land or a subsection of Fantasyland?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: Dumbo's Circusland question

A sub-land of Fantasyland. Directly South of Toontown and North of Storybook land.....and East of Discoveryland (with a balloon flight to that new land if I am not mistaken).
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

-

Here is a fab photo of a model that was built for the proposed area...with a young Tony Baxter playing around with it..!

Comment

From what I've heard, Circusland and Discovery Bay where hand-in-hand projects, long before Toontown and New Fantasyland were born. Discovery Bay was to have a hot air balloon ride to transport guests from the bay to the circus. Aside from Mickey's Madhouse, a relocated Dumbo, new Casey Jr. station, and Circus Disney, a Pinocchio dark ride was also in the works.
        "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
          A sub-land of Fantasyland. Directly South of Toontown and North of Storybook land.....and East of Discoveryland (with a balloon flight to that new land if I am not mistaken).
          Which is right about where Videopolis, today's Fantasyland Theater, got plopped down. It really puts into perspective how big that facility is and how poorly Disney has come to utilize space in their theme parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X