This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Late summer and early fall ride refurbishments and closures

Just an update for anybody who is planning a trip...

My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Re: Late summer and early fall ride refurbishments and closures

I'm all for refurbs and the two on here I'm most excited to see are Mickey's house and King Arthur's Carousel. Mickey's house needs a serious paint job and King Arthur's Carousel is absolutely filthy and it's rusting at the top. They both need some work done, bad.
    Last edited by jasmineray; 07-09-2013, 10:26 PM.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Comment

At least none of those are too extensive.
      Merrily on our way to nowhere at all.

Comment

Kind of bummed that HM will be closed on my next trip since I'm not allowed to ride many of my favorites. I was hoping we'd get there before the overlay! Oh well, such is life.

Edited to add in a "thank you posting this"! Really appreciate the info.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
        KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Comment

It might be a misconception on my part, but does the Haunted Mansion closure seem like it's a little longer than it was last year? I'd love to think it means they're cooking up something new and fun for HMH.
          Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

And still no Alice closure as was rumored... Bummer.
            WELCOME ABOARD
            THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
              And still no Alice closure as was rumored... Bummer.
              I noticed this as well...
              "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Malina View Post
                It might be a misconception on my part, but does the Haunted Mansion closure seem like it's a little longer than it was last year? I'd love to think it means they're cooking up something new and fun for HMH.
                No, it's the same as last year. I went the last day it was open last year and it was the end of August.

Comment

Thank you for posting this!

Most of it is stuff that I figured out from looking at last year's refurb schedule but there are some non-Halloween related closures. I'm sad that King Arthur's will be down on our next trip but am glad it is getting some TLC. Of course my biggest disappointment is that Big Thunder will be down, but I've known that for many months... we love that ride .

I think it is very curious that Mark Twain is having a closure right before Halloweentime starts - same exact dates that Space Mountain will be down for its Halloween overlay. Could it be that Mark Twain will be getting some Halloween decorations or something? (It doesn't usually, does it?) It just had an extensive refurb so it is curious to me that it is having another closure and right during those dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkbelle View Post
                    I think it is very curious that Mark Twain is having a closure right before Halloweentime starts - same exact dates that Space Mountain will be down for its Halloween overlay. Could it be that Mark Twain will be getting some Halloween decorations or something? (It doesn't usually, does it?) It just had an extensive refurb so it is curious to me that it is having another closure and right during those dates.
                    The Twain is just getting routine maintenance, along with the Columbia. They always go down about twice a year.

Comment

Just an FYI, Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn. are closing so that Halloween decorations/overlay can go up; not an actual refurbishment.

(Just in case someone goes in Dec/Jan and thinks "Geez, they just refurbished this last fall but it looks exactly the same".)

Comment

Originally posted by kirstenh View Post
                        Just an FYI, Haunted Mansion and Space Mtn. are closing so that Halloween decorations/overlay can go up; not an actual refurbishment.
                        And Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm area too!

Comment

Hearing about Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain transform into their overlays is music to my ears
                          sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                            The Twain is just getting routine maintenance, along with the Columbia. They always go down about twice a year.
                            The Columbia NEEDS a refurb BADLY
                            sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMonroe View Post
                              Hearing about Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain transform into their overlays is music to my ears
                              Hearing the dates when the Haunted Mansion goes back to normal is music to my ears

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X